I'm pretty sure you can change your button bindings for these actions. As far as I know healing and interacting with the environment are separate actions. Could be wrong though.
You know what's funny? When someone is trying to unhook-fake and they self care instead. Always gives me a chuckle as I watch them swing back and forth on a meathook a few seconds later.
I'm pretty sure you can change your button bindings for these actions. As far as I know healing and interacting with the environment are separate actions. Could be wrong though.
on console you can't separate the two functions.. they are tied to the same button. you can change the button.. but they both are still tied to whatever you change it to
on console you can't separate the two functions.. they are tied to the same button. you can change the button.. but they both are still tied to whatever you change it to
Cant change binding theyre classified as the same thing so changing one will change the other and same thing will happen and i use it with botany relax.
on console you can't separate the two functions.. they are tied to the same button. you can change the button.. but they both are still tied to whatever you change it to
You 100% CAN change these functions to two separate buttons. I play on PS4 and use Square button to drop pallets and use R1 to use gens and self-care. Well, I don't use self-care anymore, but that's besides the point.
You 100% CAN change these functions to two separate buttons. I play on PS4 and use Square button to drop pallets and use R1 to use gens and self-care. Well, I don't use self-care anymore, but that's besides the point.
on xbox i've tried this many times.. there is like an "action button" which I have set as RB - that repairs gens, self heal, pallet drops, vault.. i've looked all over for the option to split them up. It doesn't exist on xbox, it binds the button to "action" or whatever it's called.
on xbox i've tried this many times.. there is like an "action button" which I have set as RB - that repairs gens, self heal, pallet drops, vault.. i've looked all over for the option to split them up. It doesn't exist on xbox, it binds the button to "action" or whatever it's called.
On PS4....
Pick Up Item Interactions: Use gens, search chests, cleanse totems, pick up items, use hatch, and self-care. I have this set to R1.
Actions: Drop pallets, vault, enter/exit lockers. I have this set to Square button.
This should be the same on Xbox. I don't know why it wouldn't be.
Cant change binding theyre classified as the same thing so changing one will change the other and same thing will happen and i use it with botany relax.
I changed binding for me
Pallets, vaults, and lockers are all Y while healing is normal
Pick Up Item Interactions: Use gens, search chests, cleanse totems, pick up items, use hatch, and self-care. I have this set to R1.
Actions: Drop pallets, vault, enter/exit lockers. I have this set to Square button.
This should be the same on Xbox. I don't know why it wouldn't be.
just went and checked, i saw "item pick up interactions" = RB; "actions" = RB; so looks like you were right, not sure why i never caught that, i guess that was default and i wasn't clear what was considered a pick up interaction
I have had times I have been about to heal someone in front of me. My onscreen prompt will literally say R1 - Heal. I don't move. I don't hit any other part of my controller and the moment I hit R1 I turn around and drop a pallet behind me. I wonder if the game doesn't have some sort of mechanism built in to try to determine what it thinks you are most likely trying to do and does it regardless of what is on the screen
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm pretty sure you can change your button bindings for these actions. As far as I know healing and interacting with the environment are separate actions. Could be wrong though.
look at the pallet to drop it and look away to self-care.
buttons bad):
You know what's funny? When someone is trying to unhook-fake and they self care instead. Always gives me a chuckle as I watch them swing back and forth on a meathook a few seconds later.
Good times.
not true i know that for a fact.
I know for a fact that it always works for me.
because ive sitted at pallets looking at the killer so i can throw it down when he runs up and nope it starts self care.
I said look at the pallet
on console you can't separate the two functions.. they are tied to the same button. you can change the button.. but they both are still tied to whatever you change it to
thats kinda dumb
Or when a slugged surv is in the pallet area and instead of throwing it down, you start healing them instead.
Don't run self care.
^
If you use Self-care I think you don't deserve to survive, so you can't drop a pallet
Don’t use selfcare and change button binding
Cant change binding theyre classified as the same thing so changing one will change the other and same thing will happen and i use it with botany relax.
You 100% CAN change these functions to two separate buttons. I play on PS4 and use Square button to drop pallets and use R1 to use gens and self-care. Well, I don't use self-care anymore, but that's besides the point.
on xbox i've tried this many times.. there is like an "action button" which I have set as RB - that repairs gens, self heal, pallet drops, vault.. i've looked all over for the option to split them up. It doesn't exist on xbox, it binds the button to "action" or whatever it's called.
On PS4....
Pick Up Item Interactions: Use gens, search chests, cleanse totems, pick up items, use hatch, and self-care. I have this set to R1.
Actions: Drop pallets, vault, enter/exit lockers. I have this set to Square button.
This should be the same on Xbox. I don't know why it wouldn't be.
I changed binding for me
Pallets, vaults, and lockers are all Y while healing is normal
just went and checked, i saw "item pick up interactions" = RB; "actions" = RB; so looks like you were right, not sure why i never caught that, i guess that was default and i wasn't clear what was considered a pick up interaction
I have had times I have been about to heal someone in front of me. My onscreen prompt will literally say R1 - Heal. I don't move. I don't hit any other part of my controller and the moment I hit R1 I turn around and drop a pallet behind me. I wonder if the game doesn't have some sort of mechanism built in to try to determine what it thinks you are most likely trying to do and does it regardless of what is on the screen
Don't camp the pallet while you're healing. Also don't run self-care at all. Solved it.