Is Tinkerer II Bannable?

So I was looking at the Steam forums and saw in a post that somebody said that Tinkerer 2 is bannable because it's an "exploit".

It's the steam forums, so of course I assume it's wrong.

But I just wanted to double check here. I assume not because I believe it's a bug similar to the instablind flashlight epidemic.

EDIT: It seems a lot of people agree you can't be banned, but I would feel warm and fuzzy if a dev or community manager would confirm it :)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I doubt it's bannable. Gonna be hotfixed rather soon.
    Tho, spreading the fact it's buggy is probably very bannable.

  • No, you cant be banned for just using a perk.

  • @Runiver said:
    Tho, spreading the fact it's buggy is probably very bannable.

    oops

    The good news is that not many people have nor have the capability to get tinkerer II specifically.

  • @Mike_Steele said:

    @Runiver said:
    Tho, spreading the fact it's buggy is probably very bannable.

    oops

    The good news is that not many people have nor have the capability to get tinkerer II specifically.

    I just prestiged hag.... :smile:

  • @Master said:

    I just prestiged hag.... :smile:

    Guess I'll die

  • It would only be bannable if you could take the game hostage with it or would be able to get to spots that are unreachable, but since it's just a TR bug, it's not bannable.

    In my opinion it's the games/dev's fault if people are capable of using/abusing bugs for their advantage, but don't be surprised if people dc because of it..

  • @Neska said:
    It would only be bannable if you could take the game hostage with it or would be able to get to spots that are unreachable, but since it's just a TR bug, it's not bannable.

    In my opinion it's the games/dev's fault if people are capable of using/abusing bugs for their advantage, but don't be surprised if people dc because of it..

    I am used to DCs. Everytime I play doc, survivors pull the cable so fast I cant even laugh as doc :wink:

  • @Master said:

    @Neska said:
    It would only be bannable if you could take the game hostage with it or would be able to get to spots that are unreachable, but since it's just a TR bug, it's not bannable.

    In my opinion it's the games/dev's fault if people are capable of using/abusing bugs for their advantage, but don't be surprised if people dc because of it..

    I am used to DCs. Everytime I play doc, survivors pull the cable so fast I cant even laugh as doc :wink:

    I think every player is used to dc's - whether it's a salty killer or a salty survivor - but killer's see a dc in every 2. game I guess, where survivors only see a killer dc if he plays bad and can't catch anyone or if he get's a bad map..

  • Exploiting a bug to gain an advantage is always risky business, so I would advise against it. We aren't banning everyone who uses it, but you still shouldn't do it.
  • fcc2014 said:
    It is scummy.


    meh, so is playing with microphones to gain an unfair advantage.  let us know when your conscience awakens to this overwhelming truth.
  • Just because you are happily using the exploit hopefully we wont get more i suck threads from you.
  • fcc2014 said:
    It is scummy.


    meh, so is playing with microphones to gain an unfair advantage.  let us know when your conscience awakens to this overwhelming truth.
    Give it a rest Epic.
    To put it in a more understandable way for you, STOP WHINING.
  • fcc2014 said:
    Just because you are happily using the exploit hopefully we wont get more i suck threads from you.


    i am not sure it is enough to offset the degree of suck that i bring to the table but....let's cross our fingers.
  • fcc2014 said:
    It is scummy.


    meh, so is playing with microphones to gain an unfair advantage.  let us know when your conscience awakens to this overwhelming truth.
    Give it a rest Epic.
    To put it in a more understandable way for you, STOP WHINING.


    i will under one condition.  you provide me with a list of names of people whom you have altered your behavior for.  this, to conform to whatever emotional whim they are experiencing at any given moment.

    now, please...be seated.
  • @EpicFailTryHard

    serious question. do you ever stop whining?
  • is there...like a reset button or...even a recycle button on the back of your head somewhere?  i've heard robots that were less repetitive.
  • is there...like a reset button or...even a recycle button on the back of your head somewhere?  i've heard robots that were less repetitive.
    Not to be this guy I find survive with friends groups can be annoying as well but most survive with friend groups aren't a coordinated Mission Impossible like group.

    Most of the time they're a group of friends goofing off and they spend the majority of their time on comms moaning and complaining at each other ever time one of them makes a mistake.