Is this just me?
Kind of a generalized title, I apologize but didn't know how else to start it.
As a big fan of horror films, I can't help but think how many of them end up with all survivors dying or living. For the most part, there is always only 1 or 2 survivors making it. So why do people think the killer needs to sacrifice every survivor to win? I play a match and sac 2 or 3 survivors and I'm told I lost, how? I'm have the most points as a killer, but still get told I'm a noob and I lost. It doesn't bother me, really it doesn't. You can't troll a troll. It just leaves me with curiosity as to why people think 1 survivor makes it, they all won?
If I die as a survivor, I feel I lost. Unless I died saving someone, then we go back to them horror movies I like. Majority of them have self sacrificing survivors. It makes the story that much better. I guess I just wanted to share my opinion on looking at the game as a horror story, not everyone is going to make it lol
P.s. Edited, I'm not talking about the game so much as the community of players. I find it funny, the person in 4th, according to points, will talk smack if they survived. What mentality do most of them have where they think that? Are they truly just a sack of potatoes trying to be toxic?
Comments
Well, all the slashers this game is inspired from used the good old a&t tactics, and yet there are no such things in this game.
also most of the times is a “final girl”, which again isn’t that common on dbd.
but you’re right saying that this game tells you lost, despite winning.
The thing is (and i'm not saying whether this is right or wrong) the game tells you whether you won or lost, based on how much and how well you performed certain actions (or stopped other people from performing). Sacrificing people is only 1/4th of the Killer's win condition, based on the pipping system. In theory even if people escape the trial, the killer can still win (based on the game's rules).
Your question is an interesting one - you sacrifice 3 people and 1 escapes. The game tells you that you won and you feel like you won as well, but the escaping survivor feels like they still beat you. I think it's just a matter of perspective. They escaped and met their win condition - as they played against you it's natural for them to feel like they beat you, even though from your perspective you sacrificed 3/4, so you clearly won as well.
I suppose it's just how it works in a game where two teams can verse each other and both can meet the game's win condition at the same time.
Imagine depipping after killing all of them in five minutes. Suffering from success.
It's not so much the game but other players. Killer gets top points and the only surviving survivor messages with hahaha I won. The can even have less points than a dead survivor and still try to say they won.
I think ranking should do more with the end point placement of a match.
I almost had this happen, except it was a DC and a first hook suicide. Last person found hatch and we were both 17k points but I was like 1-2 bars from depipping
This happened to me several times with tombstone myers, billy and nurse.