Is there a speed glitch on PS4?

Is there a speed glitch on PS4? I just ran into a Survivor that I could not catch up to, and I was bloodlust 3. I've never had that happen before, she gained so much distance it was impossible.

Comments

  • some times exhaustion perks that cause haste can bug out and leave them permanently that speed

  • This was really unusual, the person intentionally wanted my attention and I could never catch up to her. It was so bad that she would get so far ahead and make noise and I still couldn't catch up. I'm not sure what it is, but I reported it and I'll submit a video to behavior.

  • Speedhack likely. I've run into it once.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Is there a speed glitch on PS4? I just ran into a Survivor that I could not catch up to, and I was bloodlust 3. I've never had that happen before, she gained so much distance it was impossible.

    Yes this is a glitch. It happened to me while playing survivor. What happens is when a survivor has sprint burst equipped and another survivor pulls them off the hook. There is a chance they’ll get unlimited speed boost. This is 100% a glitch. The only way it stopped for me was when adrenaline activated and I returned to normal speed again.

  • @JC316 said:

    Speedhack likely. I've run into it once.

    I doubt it was a speedhack as the user was playing on PS4. It’s much harder to get hacks on consoles then it is on pc

  • @JC316 said:

    Speedhack likely. I've run into it once.

    Yeah I haven't run into it since.

    @FearlessHunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/113247/is-there-a-speed-glitch-on-ps4

    Yes this is a glitch. It happened to me while playing survivor. What happens is when a survivor has sprint burst equipped and another survivor pulls them off the hook. There is a chance they’ll get unlimited speed boost. This is 100% a glitch. The only way it stopped for me was when adrenaline activated and I returned to normal speed again.

    Thanks for the info, I saw more information about it online and on Reddit.

    @FearlessHunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/923555#Comment_923555

    I doubt it was a speedhack as the user was playing on PS4. It’s much harder to get hacks on consoles then it is on pc

    I don't want to proliferate PS4 related hacks but they're not as uncommon as people think.

  • Happened to me once when I was playing against nurse, she hit me and I was kinda lagging or missing animations and I was going at ridiculous speed.

    When the killer hit me again I returned to normal speed. This was on ps4. I have got a recording of it if needed but it was a while ago around ghostface release so I don't know if it's relevant.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Is there a speed glitch on PS4? I just ran into a Survivor that I could not catch up to, and I was bloodlust 3. I've never had that happen before, she gained so much distance it was impossible.

    I'm assuming a bug. A few weeks back I had a Tapp player that never ran out of the Sprint Burst speed boost. Even as a running Legion I could not catch him.

    In his defense he seemed just as confused as I was and let himself be killed, even messaging me that he didn't understand what was happening. I have only had that one such incident since that match so (at least for me) its a bug that must require some specific circumstances.

    I mentioned this in another thread and the common response I got was that it seems loosely linked to hitting someone at the same time the boost triggers.