Moris need to be changed

I'm gonna keep this short mori's are unfun and unfair if that's all you came to hear then you can stop reading: if you would like to keep reading then i will continue. I had a guy the other day say(because all 4 of us escaped) "I'm bringing a mori," then he said "i'll remember you" - toxic killer. That being a quote in itself is an issue in my book a be all end all a nail in the coffin, it's basically an ez win and promotes tunneling i just vs. a plague and she waited at the locker while my ds was active after moring my friend just to shake her head yes and spam mori me then finish me off it's just not fun. Furthermore, a 3v1(post mori) is basically impossible to win if 4-3 gens are left. Which is about how long id say it takes to tunnel mori one person and to then get the others also affected their experience and it can be a de-pip for both side more likely than not the survivor that got moried i could go on and on about how moris can easily win a killer a 4k but i digress and i will go into the counter argument -

Keys the survivors saving grace or at least what most people believe, how many times in a game will you bring a key and use it for a dire situation probably not, and on top of that survivors need to die and gens need to be done both things that survivor and the team must do to get hatch to spawn in the first place which means they were playing good in the first place + the time to find hatch and depending on the map can be in a number of places keys are annoying i get it but moris and keys are not comparable as moris make a bigger impact in the game as a whole both can be seen as hate signs and symbols building hatred and both killer on survivor sides.


The fix- its a simple one because i believe moris should be a fun way for killers to do a cool gory animation so 2 hooks that's all after two hooks a mori should be possible it would not insinuate and reward tunneling but be a way to save hooks and have fun on both survivor and killer.


The end-

god bless your soul if your still reading I'm not sure if this will be changed but i know both sides of the argument and i think everyone can agree moris are too good and need a change and it sucks for survivors if you want to balance the game do it for the whole.

ps. i originally posted this on the steam discussion and somebody suggested that mori is a two hook requirement but a buff is that it works in endgame i kinda liked this intensity at its finest. Killer mains also suggested keys need to be change which i can kinda agree with so let's discuss

my changing opinion: after hearing and discussing with people from steam and the forums here both keys and moris need to be changed for example how is it fair that a survivor to hop in the hatch instantly right in-front of the killer well its not so i hope we can make something that works for both survivors and killers i just hate the tunneling nature of moris like the charges idea someone had its down below.

Comments

  • @slipttees said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/922085#Comment_922085

    Maybe

    Skeleton Key: A tarnished and crooked Key, vibrating with ominous power. The Skeleton Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Skeleton Key's power into various effects. Need 3 seconds to open Hatch

    Dull Key: A bent and dull Key that once held great power. The Dull Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Dull Key's remaining power into various effects. Need 6 seconds to open hatch.

    Broken Key: The bow and shank of a key, vibrating with power. The Broken Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Broken Key's power into various effects.

    (new) Rusty Key: The old key vibrating with power. The Rusty Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Rusty Key's power into various effects. Only can open Hatch closed by the Killer.

    Sounds nice

  • @slipttees said:

    Maybe

    Cypress Memento Mori: Grants the ability to kill the last Survivor who has been hooked or not by your hand during the next trial.

    Ivory Memento Mori: Grants the ability to kill one Survivor  who has been hooked two times by your hand during the next trial.

    Ebony Memento Mori: Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have been hooked two times by your hand during the next trial.

    That way the killer loses almost no Bloodpoints.

    Yeah I personally like that but here’s what other people said. 1. A cool down so killers can still use it to win a game but not to everybody 2. A charges system like devour after 5 hooks you can mori anybody and 3rd what you said but it can also be used at endgame.

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/923242#Comment_923242

    I think its difficult. I usually play R1. The most killers playing with mori use it when they go up against swf or keys and stuff. They dont often use it because its hard to pip with it and want to stay in red ranks. But lower ranks is another world. Lately I get matched with green rank killers often. They use ebony mori just for fun, even against solo survs without items. If I would play green ranks I would go insane and I totally understand that its a lot more common there. I think the requirements to use the mori are ok and you can only use it with benefit if you use it for one early kill or kill the survs after the 2nd hook. I think the mori shouldnt be changed. The game should change in a direction where everyone can perform good in their rank without the need of mori. It should be more like a fun thing to use imo.

    That’s the problem ebony Moris aren’t used by people who want to rank up it’s for those wanting to be an ass or legitly derank.

  • @slipttees said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/922085#Comment_922085

    Maybe

    Skeleton Key: A tarnished and crooked Key, vibrating with ominous power. The Skeleton Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Skeleton Key's power into various effects. Need 3 seconds to open Hatch

    Dull Key: A bent and dull Key that once held great power. The Dull Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Dull Key's remaining power into various effects. Need 6 seconds to open hatch.

    Broken Key: The bow and shank of a key, vibrating with power. The Broken Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Broken Key's power into various effects.

    (new) Rusty Key: The old key vibrating with power. The Rusty Key's power cannot be triggered by itself. Various objects can be attached to its jump ring, which channels the Rusty Key's power into various effects. Only can open Hatch closed by the Killer.

    So adding a new key so they show up more in web is the solution....

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/923538#Comment_923538

    That’s the problem ebony Moris aren’t used by people who want to rank up it’s for those wanting to be an ass or legitly derank.

    Yeah well I dont think people use a mori to derank. Also being an ass is not that right imo. Rather they like the mori animation, want a just for fun game so less sweaty or give some survs a challenge

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928171#Comment_928171

    Yeah well I dont think people use a mori to derank. Also being an ass is not that right imo. Rather they like the mori animation, want a just for fun game so less sweaty or give some survs a challenge

    Yeah i guess i can see that but most people i vs. dont have that mentality its shake head yes spam mori then do move on to next person to tunnel

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926625#Comment_926625

    So adding a new key so they show up more in web is the solution....

    I believe if it happened in conjunction with other key changes

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928171#Comment_928171

    Yeah well I dont think people use a mori to derank. Also being an ass is not that right imo. Rather they like the mori animation, want a just for fun game so less sweaty or give some survs a challenge

    You seriously think that it’s not used for that an ebony after 1 hook Insta t derank without the problem of dying showing on your account, if you truly believe people don’t abuse ebony Moris to depopulate intentionally then you are just being naive.

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928192#Comment_928192

    You seriously think that it’s not used for that an ebony after 1 hook Insta t derank without the problem of dying showing on your account, if you truly believe people don’t abuse ebony Moris to depopulate intentionally then you are just being naive.

    agreed

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928192#Comment_928192

    You seriously think that it’s not used for that an ebony after 1 hook Insta t derank without the problem of dying showing on your account, if you truly believe people don’t abuse ebony Moris to depopulate intentionally then you are just being naive.

    lol what? I cant figure out what you tried to say. sry

  • @MADPEPPERONI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928192#Comment_928192

    Yeah i guess i can see that but most people i vs. dont have that mentality its shake head yes spam mori then do move on to next person to tunnel

    I know those toxic killers exist. But I think I dont face them as much as you do. Mby regional thing idk

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928351#Comment_928351

    I know those toxic killers exist. But I think I dont face them as much as you do. Mby regional thing idk

    I mostly play in America East and Europe which happens in both less frequently in America

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924037#Comment_924037

    What do you mean with charges exactly?

    You know I think the game offers many different scenarios. The games with moris and keys are a lot more challenging. And I think that is good. It really feels awesome if you escape versus a noed ebnoy mori killer whos campy or tunneling. On the other hand its nice to 4k against a team with good items.

    If we talk about moris it all comes down to teamwork as survivors. And there is the problem with moris. No teamwork no chance.

    Another problem I see when you would nerf moris is the feeling behind it. Tbh if I equip a mori my intent is to give them a hard time. I would feel really bad equipping a mori every match and it isnt recommended if you want to pip. If they nerf it Im sure many players will use it more frequently. I think the mentallity to use strong things not that often is good. Eg I have a load of iri hatchets addons on my huntress but I barely to never use them. If they get nerfed I wouldnt have any bad feelings to use them every game.

    If I’m reading that part about the mentality correct(I’m just asking not arguing, the way I word my posts might sound that way) you don’t want to use insanely strong things because it’s unfun and I don’t know if you also intended this but it also keeps people from knowing how to counter it when you do

  • In other words, keep people on their toes with things they don’t completely know

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924425#Comment_924425

    If I’m reading that part about the mentality correct(I’m just asking not arguing, the way I word my posts might sound that way) you don’t want to use insanely strong things because it’s unfun and I don’t know if you also intended this but it also keeps people from knowing how to counter it when you do

    Im sorry maybe I word myself incorrectly. English isnt my first language^^

    I do like using these insanely strong thing from time to time. But I would feel bad if I use them every game. Thats not because I have no fun with them or it gets too easy. Rather its people denying me to play with these thing. They dc at the beginning or give up. I want to play games and see them through till the end.

    Its not intented but you are right. By not using them I take the chance from others to learn. On the other hand there are people who dont want to lern how to face these things.

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929352#Comment_929352

    Im sorry maybe I word myself incorrectly. English isnt my first language^^

    I do like using these insanely strong thing from time to time. But I would feel bad if I use them every game. Thats not because I have no fun with them or it gets too easy. Rather its people denying me to play with these thing. They dc at the beginning or give up. I want to play games and see them through till the end.

    Its not intented but you are right. By not using them I take the chance from others to learn. On the other hand there are people who dont want to lern how to face these things.

    Exactly, it is just a matter of use what you want, these people would do the same and you know it.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929537#Comment_929537

    Exactly, it is just a matter of use what you want, these people would do the same and you know it.

    Ofc. I know the other side throws everything at me they have. It really feels like an arms race. I think Im being too nice ^^

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929537#Comment_929537

    Exactly, it is just a matter of use what you want, these people would do the same and you know it.

    Yeah I just don’t think it should be allowed to be such as tunnel filled toxic match keys and moris alike

  • @MADPEPPERONI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/929859#Comment_929859

    Yeah I just don’t think it should be allowed to be such as tunnel filled toxic match keys and moris alike

    or it shouldn't be as hate filled so moris and key should be changed to not shift the tide of the match towards and insta win or insta loss

  • There's a lot of other good post being talked as moris and keys are a hot subject right now.

  • @KrazyAce13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925770#Comment_925770

    Yeah I’m a killer main and think ebony Moris need to go just a legit excuse to derank imo. They need to do something or they’ll end up committing career suicide consoles are already feeling the weight of people getting tired of the lack of care when it comes to their versions of the game

    why I think in conjunction with that they need to fix their shiet ranking system plague literally can’t there’s a lot wrong but I believe they are working on it.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    In other words, keep people on their toes with things they don’t completely know

    hmm well the only counter i've heard to moris is not go down lmao. But yeah i get you

  • @Tr0g said:

    "I'm gonna keep this short" lol.

    Do not touch Moris until SWF are finally balanced.

    changing gen speed would fix that.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/922615#Comment_922615

    Of course they agree, they are your friend they just agree so you don't feel bad.

    i meant we came to an agreement after a long discussion

  • @MADPEPPERONI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924394#Comment_924394

    i meant we came to an agreement after a long discussion

    which included a lot of disagreement

  • Okay i've been playing killer (the race to rank 1) and i let these guy have a second chance and they found a key and teebaged then open the hatch and jumped in dumb as heck man.

  • @MADPEPPERONI said:

    Okay i've been playing killer (the race to rank 1) and i let these guy have a second chance and they found a key and teebaged then open the hatch and jumped in dumb as heck man.

    last post-i hope they get changed keep the discussion going in other post.

1 2 ›