About Legion's Feral Frenzy
Been seeing a lot of people making the comment that the Legion's power gives the survivor a borrowed time effect. Personally, I think this claim is false. Borrowed time gives you Endurance, giving you a sort of half health state between injured and dying, where FF just puts you straight there regardless of what your current health state is.
But then I got to thinking: What if it did? What if FF just gave people, like 10-15 seconds of Endurance? Now, hear me out. So, you go into FF in a chase, and you hit someone. Endurance only effects injured survivors, so they're now injured with Endurance. Killer Instinct kicks in as usual, all that is as it is now, but doesn't track anyone with Endurance. You hit that same survivor again while in FF, he gets his wounds you get kicked. However, just have it that if you hit an injured survivor that doesn't have Endurance while in FF, you down them, and get kicked. If you hit someone with Endurance, you get kicked. Pretty much, you hit an injured survivor, you get kicked. If you're worried about add-ons that increase FF duration being OP with this setup, just have them also increase the duration of the Endurance Effect. Sure, this makes it so that hitting someone again after leaving FF puts them into the DW state, but under this functionality, you might as well just hit them again in FF if you plan to keep chasing them.
Then, missing with an attack kicking you feels like a high risk high reward system. Getting pallet stunned draining your power would feel balanced. Hitting someone outside of your power draining your gauge would also feel balanced. Hell, it would even give survivors a reason to heal, and make it so that Deep Wound isn't integral to FF; just a byproduct.
TL;DR:
Make hits in FF injure healthy survivors and give them Endurance. Hits against injured survivors kicks you out of FF, but downs injured survivors that don't have Endurance.
Comments
Idk what this would be honestly. Prpbably weaker than the current legion, because survivors are able to make a lots of distance with endurance.
Yeah, but then FF would actually have the ability to be lethal.
Maybe too strong in 1v1, but too weak im 1v4.
Maybe, but it also synergizes with the Legion Pin, as survivors with the Broken status effect would have more meaning than Thanatophobia.
Not a good idea. Sounds like a nerf to Legion. He isn't supposed to be a lethal Killer, he is supposed to be a slowdown Killer.
This would make it so injured survivors can be downed by one FF attack. That is way too strong.
it would be absolutely OP, can't work: once you find an injured survivor it's a down 100% of the time, assuming you are half competent in not being juked (and even if you are juked... just wait for the power to come back).
It would be too much frustrating for any survivor.
I don't agree with your definition of Legion. Maybe in the past yes, it was a proficient slow down killer (sloppy + higher mending time).
Now, with no sloppy and so quick mending time it's not the case anymore. It's a juggling killer - keep every survivor guessing and always on edge, be everywhere at once.. I think this is the correct way to play them now.
I disagree. The Devs have pretty much butchered him where there is no correct way.
Mh well, I myself have a very consistent record with them. I think I will eventually record some games to help someone out, if that is so much needed.
As do I. With enough practice, you could 4K every game with Bubba. That does not make him good. That makes you good.
BHVR: Legion's Feral Frenzy isn't supposed to be a lethal power, it is for slowing down the game.
Also BHVR: Let's nerf their slowdown to the ground!
Pretty much. I think they realize he is badly designed and they will take steps to fix that.
Ok..?
I never said Legion is the best killer, nor S tier, but I really think they are far better than people realise.
Probably a lot of players don’t understand yet how to play them?
I think I have a pretty good idea.
99% of the community disagrees with you. Legion is fundamentally flawed and is extremely weak. I could go into detail, but I think you already know why he is weak.
Me running for 10 seconds: aughUGHHH
Yeah, I love frenzy.
Yes I know what are their weakness, but I also know where are their strength - and that's where part of the community is lacking.
Also the 99% of the community disagrees with me... I seriously doubt that. I could be in the minority, but I'm confident there's a lot of players that like (this) Legion, even with their flaws.