rank reset changes

hello

can someone please explain to me what was the point in changing the rank reset i dont understand ?did they just want another change ?

Comments

  • They just wanted another change.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I think they were trying to make it so pools of players of similar skill levels would be kept together during the rank reset to be fairer and improve matchmaking quality.

    Previously, everyone would be set back many ranks, resulting in players of rank-1-skill being set back to rank 20 and subsequently matched with new players. This was a frustrating experience for both new and old players and so rank reset was changed.

    Now rank reset doesn't feel as unfair towards new players because skilled and high-rank players are kept towards the higher end of the ranks after reset.

    yup might be good idea i wish there was more tho

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I think they were trying to make it so pools of players of similar skill levels would be kept together during the rank reset to be fairer and improve matchmaking quality.

    Previously, everyone would be set back many ranks, resulting in players of rank-1-skill being set back to rank 20 and subsequently matched with new players. This was a frustrating experience for both new and old players and so rank reset was changed.

    Now rank reset doesn't feel as unfair towards new players because skilled and high-rank players are kept towards the higher end of the ranks after reset.

    It confuses me because if people end up in the same pools of players they started with, why reset at all? I get that it does lessen the chances of new players playing with experienced ones which is good.

  • Makes me not want to play. If I sit down I’ll be R1 survivor in one day. How boring. I’ll just wait until the next tome is out I guess.

  • Rank reset was meant to never leave players alone in their rank. Which is actually what we are experiencing right now, with purple ranks facing green ranks killer, red facing purple and green facing yellow killers. Everything is busted.

  • Its way easier to reach red ranks now,even if you're not that great

  • What the point there getting matched with EVERY rank. I just had a 20, 4 , 5, 17. Yes I asked if it was swf to them and no they were not. Needless to say no one was happy.