Thanks for the new counter devs!

So, I was playing survivor today, and my team and I encountered an Oni post hotfix. I could see blood orbs and knew he was using his Ultra Rare Renjiro's Bloody Glove add-on, so for the first half of the match I avoided them and focused on gens. Then I noticed Piles of blood orbs wherever injured teammates were doing gens or getting healed and I had an epiphany... while healing a teammate and with the Oni coming for us, I noticed as he got close he was sucking up the orbs, and so, me being the healthy one, I did the thing I knew could just ruin his day and absorbed the huge pile we amassed before he got close enough.

After that I had a long chase with him, but he's just so loopable when not using his power, eventually I got hit, and he finally got enough blood to rage out. After he left me to go after my teammates (I was at a god loop), I healed and purposely ran around the map absorbing every orb I ran across (Prioritizing the piles of them). I have no idea how long my aura was visible to him throughout the game, nor did I care, because He seriously only activated his power like 5 times total before 3 of us escaped, and he was incredibly salty about the change to his add-on in the after game chat.

So, to you other survivors out there: If you're healthy and confident in your looping skills, Eat up! Every time an Oni brings in this add-on, Just Suck up all them juicy orbs to slow down how often he rages out, and loop his ass when he comes for you. It worked well for me at rank 5, it should work pretty well for the rest of you too.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Blueberry said:

    Tbh the addon was just decently good before, but now the nerfs to it seemed really unnecessary. They really seem intent on making all killers ultra rares bad. A good group of survivors that realizes he is running this addon are going to abuse him for it hard.

    In fairness it is just an add-on the killer shouldn't be handed the win for using an add-on. Aura reading is already very strong and hitting survivors give a significant amount of blood so you just gotta be an m1 killer for a bit before using the power

  • @FruityMemes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914308#Comment_914308

    In fairness it is just an add-on the killer shouldn't be handed the win for using an add-on. Aura reading is already very strong and hitting survivors give a significant amount of blood so you just gotta be an m1 killer for a bit before using the power

    Nothing I've said implied it should hand him a win for using it. Just because I want an ultra rare that is strong doesn't mean OP. I think you're downplaying how much of a negative relying on your M1's for getting your power is. Against a good rank 1 team you may lose 3-4 gen before that happens even once.

  • @FabV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914342#Comment_914342

    With all due respect, you should review the PPC tense.

    The elapsed time in the sentence must be from the past until now, not in the future.

    " I've been playing dbd for 10 years" means that I began 10 years ago and still playing.

    "I played DBD for 10 years" means that I played for 10 years but not playing anymore.

    Anyway, looking at the OP's profile, they only posted killer sided comments before today, so I wonder : if this thread is a trick, what is the aim of it ? It looks like a sincerely good advice for survivors...

    Is this really what people choose to talk about on this post

  • I can't imagine what was going on in the devs brains when they made this change.

1 2 ›