Why is the forum a battleground?

I'm not new to the forum by any means, but am I missing something? I read the patch notes and I didn't see anything too out of the park, except maybe the Oni nerf. Why is every other thread filled with flaming vitrol, survivors and killers included?

Comments

  • That's what happens when you're obsessed with a video game.

  • People won't drop their opinions just because they're wrong

  • This forum happens to be the most convenient place for the loudest and most obnoxious members of the community to scream their frustrations.

  • The freddy nerf without any mentioning of toolboxes is kinda rough for people that understand math.

  • Because Killer Main vs Survivor main is a huge issue in the DbD community.

    It's impossible to have discussions that end up positive/go somewhere interesting when problems are brought up git gud killer main/survivor main is the response.

    Gens go too fast!: git gud apply pressure killer main.

    Camping/Tunneling is boring!: Just don't get caught and do the gens git gud baby survivor run ds

    DS is annoying: Don't tunnel 4Head

    NOED is annoying: Do totems 4Head

    That's how discussions tend to go because people pick their favorite side and defend against every post that suggests changing it.

    It's a battleground due to all of this. Us vs Them the true enemy/problem for DbD.

    Edit: Said Gens instead of totems 🙃

  • Imagine coming to a post that was mocking a certain group of people, and still commenting on it even though you are targeted by the post in question.

    @FriendlyGuy said:

    The freddy nerf without any mentioning of toolboxes is kinda rough for people that understand math.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Players get frustrated by either facing a mechanic they don’t like, or a player is using a mechanic they believe is the ONLY way they can win and hate when it’s changed. They can’t accept adaptation, so they cry “nerf” or cry over a released nerf.

    It’s all nonsense.

    The only things I’ve ever truly persistently complained about (rather than a once off rant) is that chase time vs gen time is unbalanced (too much leniency with map assets to assist survivors), and that Ruin is a stupid waste of a perk slot.

    Maybe it is unbalanced if you let the survivor take you to strongest loop in the map or don't bother to interrupt their path of loop strings. If you do like you're supposed to do and create dead zones and force survivors to them chases won't take long. There's also plenty of powers and perks you have access to. Sometimes there is a good reason no one listens to a complaint.

  • Honestly I'm pretty ashamed that I've joined said battleground, a huge number of people here are overly stubborn (including myself at times) and it just leads to argument after argument. It's quite upsetting really.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912679#Comment_912679

    I’m not allowed to discuss that. But I can say it wasn’t for being disrespectful or inflammatory towards other forum members.

    He stole a mod's lunch money

  • Killers want a 4K and survivors want to escape every time. Killers do annoying crap like tunnel, camp, NOED, and slugging. Survivors do annoying crap like gen rush, pallet loop, teabagging, DS, BT, and obnoxious flashlight play. Everyone comes here to gripe about it.

    I play both survivor and killer equally. Survivor is at the advantage for sure, so when a strong killer gets nerfed, all of the killer mains are going to be annoyed.

  • @Nhekii said:

    Imagine coming to a post that was mocking a certain group of people, and still commenting on it even though you are targeted by the post in question.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912541#Comment_912541

    New patch comes out, people start posting their opinions on it. That's what the discussion section of the forum is for. I said my opinion and why i discuss it.

    So is the OP here just saying he can't understand why people got an opinion on certain things?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912541#Comment_912541

    What I posted in another post:

    I think players are over reacting about these add on changes.

    The whole entire point of Swing Chains, Jump Rope, and Outdoor Rope isn’t to ACTUALLY expect survivors to put up with the debuff. Their purpose is to give survivors even MORE incentive to wake up, which slows and stalls the game significantly MORE than those add ons EVER could.

    So now survivors got less of a reason to wake up against slowdown freddy. Seems like a nerf for me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/913025#Comment_913025

    They will.

    Look at Thana.

    It’s not a great debuff but heaps of stall occurs anyway. Why? Survivors will try to heal ASAP to get rid of it.

    But they still got less of a reason. Those percentages got nerfed heavily.

  • In the end, the forums have sides pitted against each other because of how the devs choose to balance the game.

    They want everyone to have "fun" and pander to how the game "feels" to play instead of defining what a "win" is and balancing around that focus.

    I almost feel like the game is designed around a participation award system rather than an actual competitive game.

    I mean, no matter what you say about this game there are two opposing sides with opposing goals attempting to prevent the other side from accomplishing their goal. It's competitive by nature regardless of how the devs or anyone tries to spin it.

    I honestly believe the forums would be more tolerable if the game itself was balanced behind a clear win condition and a ranking system that ranked skill rather than a laundry lists of tasks that includes "let the other side have fun"

    image.png