Talk about priorities devs
You certainly took the time to nerf the addons of 2 killers quite heavily..clearly much more important than fixing the killer tracking and the dead zones for nurse on the new map..Then again, nurse has been left out to dry it seems..just proves that regardless of what we believe..survivor problems at least will get resolved quickly..I'm honestly extremely let down by this as I'm sure many are because even you guys have to admit this looks rather crappy from our side of the fence..
Comments
It shouldnt even be "your side of the fence" don't just look at it from the killer side, Freddy's nerf was due to forever Freddy being really boring when combined with thanatophobia, dying light, and other slowdown perks. I do agree that Yamaoka does need a rework just like many other maps, but don't think that killers are being ignored. So far we've gotten the harvester "tech" re-added and made even easier to make that structure much less safe for survivors, the Nurse changes may have weakened her a bit, but she is now a much more interesting killer with many alternative playstyles and she is still the strongest killer in the game. Insta heals were virtually removed, the three most recent killers are all very good and fun to play, and now with nemesis, perks like PWYF, Furtive Chase, Remember me, and Rancor, will all get some real use. So please, don't act like the devs only care about survivors, because they don't, sometimes they have to prepare before they make changes, because they want to ensure that it will be a good change for both sides.
I dont take people saying nurse is best still seriously..because nurse is no longer really around to prove it..I checked my sources..shes all but vanished and that's not a coincidence..and I'll believe what I see from here..what I see is a game breaking bug for survivors got patched instantly..killers then look at this patch hoping for their turn with sounds in chase..just to see what the devs are basically saying was a half baked oni nerf and a ham fisted freddy nerf based off a build that hilariously survivors could overpower and then some but that gen speed is fair to them...so..I'll give them props when due...when they show their priorities are truley for the betterment of EVERYONE..which recently has been hit or miss
Forever Freddy wasn't that powerful against SWF which is definitely true, but the majority of players are solo queue and getting even one bad teammate can ruin the game for you. I appreciate that you aren't just flaming me and I totally understand why the changes are frustrating, I personally hated the Oni nerf (although it seems it won't be permanent). Also, the reason nurses aren't around as much isn't because she isn't strong, its because she is no longer easy, all those omega blink or 3-5 blink nurses have all left, bad nurses now get punished a lot more, but good nurses will still demolish survivors. I personally think its a sign that Nurse was too easy (especially for being the best killer) and that the devs want strong killers to be skill based rather than just picking a killer and guaranteeing a win. P.S. Thanks for responding, I just want you to know I respect your opinions and just wanted to provide some of my own thanks :)
It's not just the crutch ones..the best nurses left too..even streamers who played her at least sometimes have all but stopped..and it's for the same reason..she feels horrible and the base kit change wasnt warranted considering the massive practice needed to master her to start
The nurse was skill based to begin with. You can't just pick up the nurse and dominate a red rank squad. It took me months just to get decent with her back in the day until I could eventually play her addonless. The issue with the nurse isn't her power level. If you played her you'd know the issue is how she FEELS to play. She FEELS clunky. She FEELS unsatisfying to traverse the map with. Her game feel is UNPLEASANT. Do you understand?
Just watching people play Nurse is painful to watch. There shouldn't be a double cooldown if you blink once and swing/cancel.
And Forever Freddy was hard even with 3 competent teammates. People tend to give up really fast if they aren't having any fun and normally just suicide.
Most good nurse players didn't enjoy her before either though, once you had the muscle memory down you didn't have to worry and could almost always guarantee a win. Even if she may feel slower (which was the goal of the rework) she is still the best killer, and now with a variation in addons, you never know what kind of nurse you'll go against
Except everyone just uses blink recharges...the addon changes alone were done to slow her..nobody really knew a base change was intended until the day before ptb..rather underhanded of the devs if you ask me