Trying to do “Chilling Escape” challenge

I’m probably just a noob but I’m horrible at being immersed because I’m usually in red ranks. And this challenge has literally made me want to die so much. I can’t even get hooked once and I can’t do the challenge, so I either just suicide or DC depending on the salt levels. I’m currently at purple ranks attempting to do this challenge, and I almost completed it too and I was running to the exit gate! Finally I can rest, I’m so tired! Nah there’s just a tier 1 Myers I haven’t seen all game, and he has NOED. You can imagine how mad I was. I of course DCed. Then I proceeded to be toxic in endgame chat. Usual. Then I realized I should just spend time becoming a P3 Claudette with sprint burst, urban evasion, self-care, adrenaline, and a key. But like I said I’m not immersed and I enjoy the fun of looping, even as killer. So I’m still gonna try to complete this challenge somehow. Maybe get some friends and do a sweaty SWF...

Comments

  • Do SWF and hide in the corner


    Thats what I did and I escaped via hatch cause my friend did a thing

  • @me_mad Do you have other stealth perks on your primary survivor? I can try to help you, but I'll need to know what I'm working with here.

  • @Peasant I have QQ, IW, UE, BL (kinda? It muffles falling now so?) DWM, and that’s pretty much all of the teachable stealth perks I can think of. Everything else is non-teachable so I wouldn’t bother.

  • Okay, I would focus on Spinechill (Duh), Urban Evasion, Iron Will, and Quick and Quiet.

    Use Spinechill to know when to hide. Iron Will if you get hit (try to avoid that.) Urban Evasion to sneak away (If Spinechill lights up for more than a 5 seconds slink away!) And Quick and Quiet for a hasty vault juke if the killer is close and you need to get out of sight.

    Ultimately remember that your biggest concern should be avoiding the killer. You don't need to use the gates to escape, the hatch counts. I know, I got it with hatch.

  • I did it with Spine Chill, Lithe, Iron Will and Dance With Me. Did gens normally and rescued hooked people and always tried to get away from the Killer whenever I was found. It took me about 3 games. I think the second one was really close but in the end the Killer got me. On the third try, three of us got out and I was never hooked.

  • @Peasant Yeah I’ll try that, I think I’ll get it now that I’m not as salty. Thanks for the help!

  • @Kiawi Damn guess I really am just a noob. :(

  • I’m gonna try to just hide the entire game and use Left Behind so I can find the hatch and a key if it’s closed. Probably a last resort though.

  • @me_mad said:

    @Peasant Yeah I’ll try that, I think I’ll get it now that I’m not as salty. Thanks for the help!

    Yeah well don't thank me yet, waiting 5 full seconds is pushing it. You're better off hiding at 3.

  • I feel your pain...

  • @Peasant I completed the challenge only after 1 DC! Finally I am free.

  • @me_mad Left Behind and key is definitely an option. I also used Empathy to know when it is safe to work on gens. You can see how far the killer is away, where he hit someone. Because it is helpful to get some gens done so you can find the hatch earlier, when some other survivors are already sacrificed. As soon as the hatch spawned, you can be super stealthy.

    I would maybe switch Urban Evasion for it. And put an Amber Stone on the key if possible, so you can use it as soon as spine chill activates to be prepared where to sneak