Have challenges ruined the game for anyone else?
I was afraid this would happen and it has for me. Everyone is playing differently, myself included, just to get challenges done. It's lead to so many games that are just miserable. No one tries to do anything but their challenges and it's taken all the fun out of the game for me.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Being made to play differently is actually entertaining. I don't know why you would have a problem with that. The real problem is that the devs didn't really think through some of the challenges obviously encouraging unfun playstyles.
I don't see how having to compete with three other people for unhooks is entertaining. Or having to do x amount of heals a game at the expense of actually doing gens and getting what would be an easy win. Even if I don't buy the pass again, which I won't, other people will and it affects the game. Normally I'd get 2-3 unhooks a game easily. For that challenge? It was barely one in four or five hours of playing. How is going into games with a person who changes at the last second into a Blendette with a key who is trying for the Escape Without Being Hooked challenge fun? Teammates literally have no intention of trying, just hiding until everyone is dead and getting out through the hatch.
Sounds like you didn't adjust for the new stuff. Try running Empathy. Should help with the unhooks. Most the people are done with the Tomes for the most part with a few stragglers and than the people who dont care.
I'm back to regular gaming I dont see people doing many challenges anymore.
Last minute hero did .
I don't know wha that means that I didn't adjust for the new stuff. I'm saying that having to play differently just to get challenges done is not fun for me, and your solution is to play differently? I'm done with the unhooks challenge. It wasn't fun. Even if most people were done by now, which in my experience they aren't, there will be a fresh tome and it will start again.
I'm saying if you dont adjust to how people are gonna be acting I.E hook farming. Than of course your gonna not enjoy the game. You need to run perks to help with or pay attention to the challenges so you know what's happening.
Being made to play in a different playstyle is kinda fun in imo. They just gotta be more aware of what challenges they're making and where they put them in the Archive. Starting out with a "Safely Unhook 25 survivors" is gonna make the game very miserable and unfun for the first couple of days cause everyone is gonna try to get it, so everyone is gonna farm and fight other teammates for those unhooks. If they had put it later in the web that challenge would've caused way less farming, cause then not everyone would be doing it at the same time. Also all these basement and "Kill the obsession" is just gonna encourage basement camping and tunnelling the obsession. Two things that might be fine for the killer to do, but not fun for the survivors.
They just gotta think the challenges more through and they'll be fine. Maybe give survivors 2/3 different challenges to start out with, so not everyone will be doing the same one when it releases.(And never make a challenge like the old Endgame challenge)
I was on a gen with a teammate. Billy came zooming in, she went right, I went left, and I then went back to the gen when I saw he was chasing her. He hit her, came back to kick the gen, then came after me. She came back from where she had run off, ignored the gen that was 95% done, and purposely threw a pallet to block me so she could get a flashlight save. I just do not see how this is fun. From people having no intention of anything but hiding so they can get hatch to purposely killing your teammates for the flashlight save, nothing about this different play style is fun.
100% agree with you. Just made a post about this myself. Didn't see yours until right after.
I don't necessarily want to play differently. I play in the way I enjoy already, but that's not the big issue for me. It's that it had less to often barely being able to play at all. Not many survivors are playing to win. They're playing to complete a challenge and they don't give a @!#$ about anyone else. Plus they are simply quitting the moment they realize they can't complete the challenge they are trying to finish.
The last couple of weeks there's been at least one person just quit in at least half my matches. Frequently that leads to others quitting quickly thereafter. I assume that's because the first person leaving means they can no longer complete whatever challenge they're working on.
I love this game, but these challenges have made it much less fun the last couple of weeks or so.
Not me yet, still having fun on both sides.
Nothing changed. The scumbag rushing the unhook was there even before challenges
Having new stuff to do is fun I agree, but having everyone play poorly to meet a rift challenge is not. Nothing like watching everyone run straight towards you for a unhook just trading hooks and getting killed super fast.
Except now its everyone.
Not in my games at least.
Yeah I don't want to have to play differently either. Like right now I have the flashlight challenge selected but I'm not bringing flashlights in or running empathy to make it easier because that's not how I normally play. I know I will get it eventually, just as the unhook challenge is something I would get eventually without having to try. But challenges are having a major effect on games, at least on the survivor side, and it's been really unhealthy for the game, in my opinion.