Start thanking people that go out of their way to save you
The amount of times I died saving someone for them not to even say a word is enourmous
We as a community we should push for more positivity and thankfulness in this game
Start thanking survivors and killers that give you a good exprience in this game
Comments
I remember a few games a year or two ago when i thanked and was thanked for going the extra mile even at the cost of my life sometimes. I agree this community needs more appreciation and sportsmanship.
This reminds me of a match that made me decide to never run Borrowed Time again.
- map was Lery's
- killer was Spirit
- everything was going great for us survivors
- the 5th generator pops
- Spirit downs someone with NOED and hooks him in the basement.
- someone finds the totem while I 99% the gate
- I run to the basement expecting the unhooked survivor to take the hit using Borrowed so the other two survivors can take more hits if necessary allowing all of us to escape.
- Spirit hits me on the way to the basement as she was obviously patrolling the basement entrance
- I unhook the survivor and... The unhooked survivor dodges Spirit's lunge and bails on me.
- Spirit downs/hooks me in the basement
- I watch the unhooked guy
- the unhooked guy runs straight to the gate ignoring the other two teammates who were ready to heal him. He immediately opens the gate and leaves.
- the other survivors stand around confused and leave shortly after him.
After the match I asked him "why didn't you take the hit with borrowed? And why did you just open the gate? And why did you just leave me to die even though the whole team was alive and ready to help?"
His reaction: "ty."
Those people contribute to my lack of empathy for this community. If I play survivor now (which is rarely the case) I never go for the unhook. I just pump out gens and loop the killer. I don't care about teammates. My whole build is all about not going down and losing the killer as I expect nobody to help me. I don't even consider DBD a 4v1 game. It's more like a
1v1v1v1 - VS - 1 GAME.
Which is why I play mostly killer. Since people are useless bots I might as well kill them instead of trying to play WITH them.
No one ever takes the BT hit. This is why I don't play solo queue any more.
(You can bet your bum no one has ever tried to risk themselves to get me off hook)
I've considered it, but it really is just a pain to do that on console, which is unfortunate. Every once in a while I get a thank you message, which is great, I do appreciate them. I understand why most don't send messages though, 'cause like I said, it's a pain.
I do wish however that I wouldn't get salty messages when I don't save someone. I've died so many times attempting to save someone and not gotten a single message about it, but if I play a match where I leave instead of trying to make a save which I'm pretty sure will just end in two deaths, I get nasty messages first thing. I die all the time, I don't get why it's such a big deal to some people that they send angry messages over it.
In some ways, I wish it were easier on console to say thank you for a good game, but at the same time I don't want end game chat because that just seems like a 99% toxic experience.
On PC, though, with end game chat, where it's so easy to thank people, that should be a no-brainer.
@Thatbrownmonster Well if no one will say it, I will. Thank for being such a great team player. You're a hero ๐
But yes I do agree. It'd make me feel so fuzzy inside to see everyone thanking each other for help. I'm such a Unicorn >_<
thank you
I appreciate it!
I always do, I'm a good boy.
Though the person that saved me is even gooder.
1v1v1v1 vs 1
Thats actually how this game is supposed to be, you can play altruism or selfish. No one in real life being altruism.
Remember the core horror movie: