auto aim
what has become of this game. Auto aim is helping the survivor more than hurting them now a days it sad that all a survivor has to do is hug an object and you will hit that object instead of the survivor i tested it and it legit pulls toward what ever object the survivor is hugging. am i the only one to have thi issue on xbox??
Comments
Loads of people hate auto-aim and I honestly don't know why its still here. I don't think it was ever a proper working mechanic. I can't tell you how many times as a CONSOLE NURSE PLAYER I have had my blink hit ruined because it locks me into an animation to hit a tree or wall...
Another example to add, Hillbilly ghost chainsaw, completely missing a saw that you hit on them, like they had collision and not hitbox.
I disagree. /troll
LOL
But in all seriousness yea they need to have an option to turn it off. People that use a controller are NOT as incompetent with aiming as most people think. I play Borderlands with high sensitivity and aim assist turned off and have 0 problems aiming at crit spots. In fact I hate aim assist in most console games. Halo 5 was so annoying to deal with and was so unnecessary. It messes me up more than it helps. Maybe for baby controller users it helps, but anyone that's been playing with a controller for a long time shouldn't have a problem aiming.
"People that use a controller are as incompetent with aiming as most people think"
I'm guessing you meant "aren't" and yes I agree. As someone who plays console all the time I can aim just fine without it. (especially games with sniping...nothing worse than having auto aim slightly pull your cross-hairs away when someone walks by your perfectly lined up shot...)
Edit: Damn spelling....
Yes I will fix that LOL.
Also what you describe with sniping is my EXACT issue with Halo 5's aim assist. OMG it's so blatant when the crosshair moves on it's own to track someone when you didn't even touch the stick.
I even turn it off in Overwatch for the short time I played it. All you need to do is find the right settings and you are set, no need for aim assist because it will just screw you.
on pc auto aim is unessecary. it leads to bogus hits or hits that sway away completely for no reason. theres no middle point
I regularly get ######### by it on PC.
I'd really like them to look at and update this mechanic.
Yeah you give that tree a lesson smack it like its your job lol.
hits tree
+5 wood
Now you can build a log cabin.
I don't think this has anything to do with autoaim. I started experiencing this bug on dedicated servers. Also it has nothing to do with near by objects, sometimes I miss a chainsaw in the middle of nowhere against a survivor running in a straight line.
+10 if your hillbilly and +30 if your leatherface lol.
With Billy's saw that's been a thing since this game came out.
However now with dedicated servers it's happening on normal basic attacks too, and it's happening a LOT more frequently.
It works the other way too. I've been chainsawed through objects. I've chainsawed survivors through trees. It's so blatant that I even go "sorry dude IDK what happened" when I did it.
I think this is a hitbox issue not an auto aim issue.
Alright, another example, when a Survivor is sacrificed, you swing, it will take you to their model while they move, or those instances when you hit the hooked Survivor instead of thee unhooker.