Why is the game still live when there's a game breaking bug in the basement?

Yes, this is a rant, because I'm a bit steamed at the moment. I mean, seriously. You have a bug that literally makes the game unplayable, yet the devs keep the game going?

dbdbug2.png

For those that don't know, or haven't seen it. When hooked in the basement, you get this screen. No, this isn't a bug report, there are enough of those already. This is just to call out a situation that ruins a match, just because of some bad code.

And then...

dbdbug4.png

...you have people that play just for the exploit. It's really soured my mood. Going to lay off the game for a few days, at least until it's fixed (hopefully this isn't another case like the sprint burst exploit where we have to wait for the mid chapter to get a fix). And it's a shame, because I was interested in seeing Oni in action. He looked like fun to go against, though personally, I don't find Oni himself all that interesting to play as.

Comments

  • Because play-testing is for douchebags.

  • @StarMoral said:

    Because play-testing is for douchebags.

    Yeah I don't know if bhvr consistently play tests this bug is huge.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Yes, this is a rant, because I'm a bit steamed at the moment. I mean, seriously. You have a bug that literally makes the game unplayable, yet the devs keep the game going?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/662/G3U49P9RFPPG.png

    For those that don't know, or haven't seen it. When hooked in the basement, you get this screen. No, this isn't a bug report, there are enough of those already. This is just to call out a situation that ruins a match, just because of some bad code.

    And then...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/569/IVO7NNIW1IRM.png

    ...you have people that play just for the exploit. It's really soured my mood. Going to lay off the game for a few days, at least until it's fixed (hopefully this isn't another case like the sprint burst exploit where we have to wait for the mid chapter to get a fix). And it's a shame, because I was interested in seeing Oni in action. He looked like fun to go against, though personally, I don't find Oni himself all that interesting to play as.

    There's a monstrous shrine challenge in the archives. He wasn't exploiting it in any way, he was getting his challenge done.

    Reporting it will also do nothing, as the devs can't distinguish between who is abusing it and who isn't. You can't start punishing people for something that happens naturally during the game.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/888380#Comment_888380

    Yeah I don't know if bhvr consistently play tests this bug is huge.

    That's the joke

  • I had this happen tonight and it kept me in limbo like that even after somebody came and unhooked me. Had to DC... no other choice. It truly is a horrifically bad bug that needs a hot fix to-friggin-day. Like, now.

    What makes it even worse is the timing; where there are a lot of killers currently at or near the point in the Tome challenges where they're having to hook two people in the basement at the same time, it makes it damn near impossible to know if somebody is just running a basement build to accomplish that challenge or to actually bug folks out and troll.

    Just a generally bad bug that needs addressed ASAP.

  • Devs: "We can't fix it, so we remove all basements"

  • Because the developers have their 3 months scedule for chapters. And history has shown that nothing, not even gamebreaking bugs, can stop them from sticking to those 3 months.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Yes, this is a rant, because I'm a bit steamed at the moment. I mean, seriously. You have a bug that literally makes the game unplayable, yet the devs keep the game going?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/662/G3U49P9RFPPG.png

    For those that don't know, or haven't seen it. When hooked in the basement, you get this screen. No, this isn't a bug report, there are enough of those already. This is just to call out a situation that ruins a match, just because of some bad code.

    And then...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/569/IVO7NNIW1IRM.png

    ...you have people that play just for the exploit. It's really soured my mood. Going to lay off the game for a few days, at least until it's fixed (hopefully this isn't another case like the sprint burst exploit where we have to wait for the mid chapter to get a fix). And it's a shame, because I was interested in seeing Oni in action. He looked like fun to go against, though personally, I don't find Oni himself all that interesting to play as.

    Just don't get downed near the basement.