A bad Hillbilly?

So i tried Oni now for a few rounds, and so far i must say... a bit underwhelming.. especially since he is like a bad version of Hillbilly. Or am i missing something here with his playstyle? What is your impression on him?

Comments

  • Oni is better than billy imo


    Unlike billy, he can easily track survivors with blood orbs if they are injured, he is more of the opposite of Plague with a small amount of billy

  • I find his double tap during his ability lets you demolish BT players right off the hook as well as anyone who picked them off. So its kinda like Billy meets Leatherface.

    I think he's kinda fun.

  • I wouldn't compare them tbh

  • Played two matches with him on PS4.

    Basic m1 killer until u hit someone, which might take a while... And his power just get looped. Specially now that they removed the flick from his swing.

    Gotta put more practice, but so far he's mediocre. Like Demogorgon.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Oni is better than billy imo

    Unlike billy, he can easily track survivors with blood orbs if they are injured, he is more of the opposite of Plague with a small amount of billy

    I disagree Billy has access to an Insta down anytime he wants without a power cool down and it's so much easier to juke Oni than Billy. Oni's power takes too long to charge and to activate and when he does have it all the survivors have to do is hug corner and abuse windows and the on I will literally never Insta down them.

  • I think he's a slight bit above Hillbilly. The main thing Hillbilly has over oni is that his power can be used on demand but Oni once he has his power has a better Sprint into one shot as well as another one shot to use when he can't get you with the sprint. He also has built in tracking with the blood orbs.

  • On Console, he's just the new nurse.

    An M1 killer at best.

    When he uses his power, just don't run in a straight line and he'll piss himself off by using his power and dropping his frames.

  • Pretty much what I feared they'd do to him. Have to remember that the #1 balance rule is typically survivor counterplay>killer power.

  • @Bingbongbong said:

    I think he's a slight bit above Hillbilly. The main thing Hillbilly has over oni is that his power can be used on demand but Oni once he has his power has a better Sprint into one shot as well as another one shot to use when he can't get you with the sprint. He also has built in tracking with the blood orbs.

    Well.. but thats a very big important factor. So far in my games, it took a while to even get his power (for a short period of time). Until then he is a M1 Killer who has nothing. Then he changes pretty much to Hillbilly. It might be true, that Billy has a harder time to move, but for those who know how to curve.. there is no really big difference.

    I will try him a few more times now, lets see, maybe i am judging to quick here.

  • He's good. He got worse early game, but really strong lategame.

  • Not a weeb, so far seems underwhelming. Billy who can curve better than oni at any given time.

  • After playing him a while, i see him in mid tier. He is definitly not better then Billy, probably on Myers level.

  • I have seen a lot of them camping with his power. Almost guaranties the survivor goes to 2nd stage when played this way. Not fun. I could see potential, just hope he is not the newest camper.

  • Oni is has insane maneuverability and essentially an Instasaw if we're using Billy as a comparison. Otherwise he has a makeshift nurses calling in his base kit. The blood makes staying injured ridiculously suboptimal. That's why I've been running sloppy butcher on him