Pig Body-Blocking + Looking Away to Get Trap Kill

The Pig cornered me at the chest in the Thompson House as I was up there searching for a med kit. She looked the other way so that I wouldn't be considered "in a chase," and let my trap countdown to 0. There was nothing I could do.

Worse, my teammates didn't take advantage of this free time to repair gens. They tried to lure her away instead.

http://xboxclips.com/Nos37/screenshots/7ee56c86-16c7-4af9-8efe-287512e1e1f1

Comments

  • Smart play by The Pig player. You stuck yourself in a corner, and the Pig took advantage of the scenario. 
  • Why were you searching the chest in the Thompson House with an rtb on instead of taking it off double points if it was activate .

    Also what she did is allowed. Not considered taking hostage as it's for the purpose of killing.
  • This seems a little broken i know traps are garbage for getting kills but may be we could tweak the timers so they go off in 2 mins as opposed to 2.30 mins and make tampered timers reduction 20 seconds instead of 30. Also whilst crouched as the pig you should have no collision.so she can be walked through.

  • What exactly is your complaint here?

  • If the Pig had no collision while crouching this wouldn’t be an issue
  • Hah, killer played smart. Good!

    Cant' say the same for the survivors though.

  • Haha omg good pig like for mate game over :)

  • Doing this in the basement with multiple traps on a bad hook save is funny, but it's a pretty unnecessary and desperate tactic.

  • I make use of this play quite frequently though in a different way. I've said it many times on the forum but I have lost track of the number of people who have active trapsthat attempt to push me off the hatch as opposed to actually trying to get the trap off their heads instead.
  • @Nos37 said:
    The Pig cornered me at the chest in the Thompson House as I was up there searching for a med kit. She looked the other way so that I wouldn't be considered "in a chase," and let my trap countdown to 0. There was nothing I could do.

    Worse, my teammates didn't take advantage of this free time to repair gens. They tried to lure her away instead.

    http://xboxclips.com/Nos37/screenshots/7ee56c86-16c7-4af9-8efe-287512e1e1f1

    Well sucks when you run into a deadend and the killer actually is smart enough to take advantage out of that mistake :wink:

  • Zarathos said:

    This seems a little broken i know traps are garbage for getting kills but may be we could tweak the timers so they go off in 2 mins as opposed to 2.30 mins and make tampered timers reduction 20 seconds instead of 30. Also whilst crouched as the pig you should have no collision.so she can be walked through.

    No.
  • A solution to this would also help in the rare situations Killers body block to hold the game hostage in the basement by adding a "push through" type interaction if running into a Killer for X amount of time. It'd still support body blocking a spot to score a hit, but it would stop people from hostage situations. The Pig's tactic is a bit more warranted as at least there is a clear ending to the situation, no matter how cheap it can feel.

    To be fair, I have luckily never experienced this myself and feel it's a rather rare issue that only the more toxic people employ.

  • game over buddy