Can you delete the End Game chat from Game Files?

YES I am aware that you can hide the End Game chat on your screen, but I want it to be like console where you DO NOT have to worry about end game chat at all but of course on console you have to worry about toxic messages from your platform if you do not have them disabled. My question is can you get rid of the End Game Chat file in the game files without corrupting the game or having Anti Cheat pop up and attempt to ban you? I'm really curious. I'm also curious if the Devs ever plan on providing a feature for Players to revoke Chat period if they aren't interested in reading it or having it unless they are in SWF or just simply wanting to see what kind of toxic messages their fans leave them. Sincerely yours, - Guardian.

Comments

  • As you said, just close the end game chat. Badda-Bing Badda-Boom, no potential for a toxic chat.

  • @GuardianoftheCrystal said:

    YES I am aware that you can hide the End Game chat on your screen, but I want it to be like console where you DO NOT have to worry about end game chat at all but of course on console you have to worry about toxic messages from your platform if you do not have them disabled. My question is can you get rid of the End Game Chat file in the game files without corrupting the game or having Anti Cheat pop up and attempt to ban you? I'm really curious. I'm also curious if the Devs ever plan on providing a feature for Players to revoke Chat period if they aren't interested in reading it or having it unless they are in SWF or just simply wanting to see what kind of toxic messages their fans leave them. Sincerely yours, - Guardian.

    Is it weird I normally get a ton of GG's and stuff as Killer up till I ran back to ps4 because dedicated servers suck.

  • @Stornt said:

    As you said, just close the end game chat. Badda-Bing Badda-Boom, no potential for a toxic chat.

    But it isn't an easy fix, it reappears whenever you relaunch the game and sometimes you forget to close the chat because we all have those moments.

  • @GuardianoftheCrystal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883790#Comment_883790

    But it isn't an easy fix, it reappears whenever you relaunch the game and sometimes you forget to close the chat because we all have those moments.

    It can still be ignored or closed. Though, I do agree it would be nice if there was a setting to have it closed by default when booting the game. I personally wouldn't use it but I know some would.

  • I miss when there wasn't an end game chat. I don't understand the reason for it.

  • @Stornt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883794#Comment_883794

    It can still be ignored or closed. Though, I do agree it would be nice if there was a setting to have it closed by default when booting the game. I personally wouldn't use it but I know some would.

    Its the only thing I enjoyed about playing console was the fact you didn't have to worry about end game toxicity as killer unless like I mentioned earlier they spam your platform messages which also sucks.

  • Click the little arrows to the left of the chat to close it. /thread

  • @GuardianoftheCrystal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883790#Comment_883790

    But it isn't an easy fix, it reappears whenever you relaunch the game and sometimes you forget to close the chat because we all have those moments.

    If you forget wouldn't you eventually realise that there is a chat box with text in it in the bottom right of the screen that you should close if you didn't want to read it?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883794#Comment_883794

    If you forget wouldn't you eventually realise that there is a chat box with text in it in the bottom right of the screen that you should close if you didn't want to read it?

    I'm a very forgetful person and once I forget its too late the salty Survivors are burning me alive for my play styles.

  • @GuardianoftheCrystal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883796#Comment_883796

    Its the only thing I enjoyed about playing console was the fact you didn't have to worry about end game toxicity as killer unless like I mentioned earlier they spam your platform messages which also sucks.

    I've had a swf party chat me then each person says one word of the sentence. As you might guess, they were trying to insult me


    Wish I could repeat what I said back to them but it's too vulgar.


    Something about butts and what they are doing to each other.

  • Why would you want to delete end game chat? It's a great way to remind myself that regardless of the result, I'm not half as dumb as the people spewing salt.