Fifth Perk for killers ?
The thing with the killers is they need perks in order to do good in the game. The reason is survivors are just a skin and no matter the meta of the changes they can just add the perks they need and all is good, but killers have specific play style and most of the time they can changes that. For example when the Pig came out she has the first killer ( and only ) can stop the gens just because her power can kill survivors with that. The only other way to stop gens is with ruins and we all know what happen when you use hex perks. So by giving killers 5 perks slots they can make more combos and have more efficient gameplay.
I will love to hear your opinion on that, thanks for your time.
Comments
From a Killer main's perspective even I can say that's too much. We're going for balance, not superiority on the other side. I see where you're coming from, but we've done fine with 4 perks so far, I think 5 perks would just tilt the boat.
Hard to balance, especially as more stuff gets added to the game. As more killers and new perks get added the more beneficial having that extra perk slot become, especially if killers get a great 5 perk combo going. Not to mention there is a 100% chance survivors will take that without a tidal wave of self-righteous anger and honestly, it wouldn't be too misplaced.
I see. So what if they give us an extra perk but this will be an effect perk. This effect will be a small percentage of existing perks. For example at lvl1 or 5 you unlock the effect you can carry survivors 2-3 % faster, lvl 10 you go through windows 4-5 % faster ... and you can choose only one to have in your game active. This way you can help new killers play the game more easy and pro have more variety in builds.
I posted a suggestion on the Wishlist section that someone else came up with that's similar to this. In that suggestion, the fifth perk slot would be for Hex perks only.
@DarkGGhost Now the second idea is more interesting. Essentially you want the fifth slot to have a passive effect. This idea is much more controlled and allows for easier integration and rebalance. Keep in mind that whatever the passive is it has to be a QoL (Quality of Life) change. Stuff like speed up animations for hitting a gen or pallet, or slightly shorter flashlight duration. Nothing too general like speed boost while walking or longer lunge range
I want the game to be balanced for both sides.
Not a fifth perk slot. (Still a waste)
To be honest, I dont think that 5 perks would change a lot.
Killers are struggling because of the core mechanics of the game, an additional perk wont change anything
So the trials will be longer? Excellent, two birds with one perk slot.
This will work only if you add more totems like 5-6 more