What Do YOU Think Of the Clown?
I wanted to ask another question today to my fellow killers out there. What do you think of the Clown? Not just as a Killer, but in general. This means lore, weapon, personality, model details, perks and playstyle. I want to know what you all think of him in general! What do you like and what do you dislike?
Comments
Power is fun and just awesome. Weapon is neat, but real small. Would love a larger old school razerblade.
His mori is glitchy and long. Finger usually levitating outside of the hand. Cool idea though.
Perks are unique and fun.
Overall, very happy with him. Lore works and his vibe is rapey and gross, which is great for a scary killer.
Can't wait to see some new skins
Yeah, his story is definitely a favorite of mine.
He really doesnt shut down loops, his ability is useful in chases but, hes like every other killer when it comes to pallets.
I think hed be better if survivors couldnt interact with the enviroment while in the cloud, however, that might make him too powerful so, i got nothin for nao.
Honestly I am surprised he didn't end up with an obsession perk with his backstory.
Love the response. I find his laughing to be a little silly sometimes. lol
Hands down he has got the best lore in the game. Although the story is short, you still can see how his character developed throughout his life. They could have made him a little bit creepier but still he is decent looking.
I thought that clown was a really good killer but more I play against him more I get better.
His ability doesn't shut down pallets, it just makes you use them earlier than normal. You won't be able to run him for 5 gens, however, since the match duration is so short that even wasting pallets doesn't mean much. With the last changes, you can make better plays with hag. I considered him as the 4th best killer but right now i feel like he is the 6th.
Love him and his lore though, fun to play as and against.
Lets admit it they needed a clown killer at some point. He isnt that scary looking in my opinion the whole over weight clown just makes him look goofy but he does have a sexy laugh. His ability im not sure about i dont own him. My experience is from the few survivor games I have had with him. But it looks like it can be somewhat affective in most chases. His map is amazing because of morice the horse.
Crap, I didn't even know the horse HAD a name. x3
I like him but he leaves much to be desired especially with his mori… I mean it doesn't have to be too brutal like on a Mortal Kombat level but I felt it should have been perhaps a headstop into a slit throat than he can proceed to chop of the survivors finger because atm when I see that mori it isn't visually pleasing and I feel that the person is still alive just missing a finger.
Cant fault the devs design on their own killers. Love his design and sounds. As a killer he is very efficient towards loopers. Love his lore! I think hes a great addition to the killer roster
In my opinion, I feel like he's a pretty solid killer, comparing him to most the other DLC additions.
Yeah; his perks are some of the best and most useful in the game. Good for slowing down gens and blocking loop spots -- like the shack -- early.
He's ehh to me in practically all aspects.
Well, he's no Nurse, but no other Killer is.
He's better than my performance with him would otherwise indicate, but not top tier either.
Yeah. He's fun, but not the best.
Definitely! He's lots of fun to use and his ability is still more useful than most Killers.
Low Tier: Clown, Leatherface, Wraith, Freddy.
Clown has almost to none end game potential, no map control ability, just a normal killer at open areas, no extra advantage at chases, poor addons, he is only good at forcing a pallet drop which isnt that useful since there are enough pallets and windows to loop a killer for 5 gens on every map.
Also with the vaccum and exhaustion FIX, Doctor went to the Mid Tiers, as u can see, The Clown took his place at the Low Tier now, he isnt useless like Freddy, but he is pretty weak compared to almost every other killer =/.
I see where you are coming from, but me personally, I would keep him in the mid tier. If you are running Brutal Strength, running through the pallets can actually make a difference. It won't 100% of the time, but it has the potential to. The add-on part I can't really agree with. Most -- to all -- of his add-ons are actually pretty good and I really enjoy using most of them. The only ones I don't find useful are the ones that make him move faster while he's reloading; that's about it.
Compared to some other killers (better ones that doesnt even need addons) his addons are pretty standard and doesnt have a GREAT effect on his power, i mean, some of them do, but not something like: Extra Blinks, Extra blink range, OP charge speed (HB and Huntress), Infinite EW 3, etc...
He cant stale the game, he cant end up chases really fast, he cant do much, he literally runs around and try to trow a bottle on a survivors path, then hit them just like the Wraith, that is only if the survivor does go into the Gas (which is not even a big deal anyways for MOST of the time there is always a window,pallet or not enough distance to catch them).
It's true, but in my experience, most add-ons for most killers also have negative effects on you as well (such as more fatigue time for Nurse if she has more blinks) while Clown has no negative effects. In my opinion, they're great. Some are useful -- like you said -- but not ALL of them are. Doesn't mean they can't be fun to use though. I particularly like his insta-down add-on.
Also, in my experience, no killer can really STALL the game as a whole. The only ones whom can, is probably Billy -- for map pressure -- and Pig -- for Bear Traps that are also easily removed.
He looks good.
His playstyle is rather fun, but lacking heavily in the pressure department.
He has one of the best chase mecanic in the game. Possibly THE best chaser in the game after Nurse.
Very low map pressure and not a great camper tho makes him rather weak competitively talking. But for casual matches ? Pretty good killer.
he is a blast to play as and a regular campasaurus.
He's good fun at least.
I've only actually come across one camping Clown. Might just be me though.
I loved doc and main'd Billy since launch but the clown has stolen my heart...maybe a finger later. I like his power and his perks can be effective in higher ranks. Bamboozle has become a teachable I want my doc and billy to have to close off some avenues of escape. The only thing I have found wrong is his bottles seems to move slower once they are released and the arc of the throw may need to be looked at otherwise he is a mid tier killer.
Love the response. I too love this killer more than Doc.
I agree his power won't stop someone who knows how to properly loop, although he has some good add-ons to really make it difficult for survivors to do so. For me he sits high mid tier.
I'm also not a fan of his laugh or his map. I guess its because I fell for the hype of a true carnival map...
I don't want another Nurse anyway.
Her HHHUUUUUUUUUHHHs are annoying enough already.
Fair enough. lol