I Am Overly Satisfied With the Halloween Chapter, But...

The Halloween chapter has always been getting changes. For instance, I think Michael's mechanic suit has been changing colours, both Laurie AND Michael's perks have been getting nerfs and buffs, we finally got amazing cosmetics for Laurie and Michael, and Haddon Field is getting reworked!

The devs reworking Haddon Field worries me a lot. It's my favorite map, and not for reasons you think. The feeling of an enclosed isolated neighborhood is awesome. Getting close to the police cars and hearing the frantic dispatch with no response can only mean on thing! The parks are amazing, too. Going inside the houses is great as well, I just they were more detailed. Hopefully the rework will make that happen, though.

I am a survivor main, and I can admit that Balanced Landing on that map is pretty unfun for the killer, but it's NOT impossible to be caught. The map can also screw you over with those OUTRAGEOUSLY LONG hedges and fences!

Jamie Lee Curtis's Laurie Strode is one of the best final girls. Ever. You CAN'T change my mind. Appearing in 5 out of the 11 Halloween movies and expecting to be in the upcoming Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends, it's a shame she's TECHNICALLY not in Dead by Daylight.

Since Halloween was the first licensed chapter in Dead by Daylight I don't think they could afford to buy the likeness of 20 year old Jamie Lee Curtis. That's why the Laurie in the game looks a bit... not like Laurie. Sure, the clothes and hair are strikingly similar but the face not.

With this discussion I'm not saying "Devs, do this!" I'm just saying "Devs, this would be nice, and if you CAN, then. please." Because right now our Laurie reminds of the old looking Sonic design in the movie.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It would be great to see a rework of Laurie so that she looks more like Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm pretty sure the actress herself would also be on board.

    I wouldn't worry too much about the Haddonfield rework. I don't think they'll be changing the atmosphere of the map very much, only the arrangement of some of the elements. They might redesign the houses a bit, close up some windows, etc. but I expect they'll keep the overall aesthetic pretty much the same, like they did with the Springwood rework.

  • @Fibijean said:

    It would be great to see a rework of Laurie so that she looks more like Jamie Lee Curtis. I'm pretty sure the actress herself would also be on board.

    I wouldn't worry too much about the Haddonfield rework. I don't think they'll be changing the atmosphere of the map very much, only the arrangement of some of the elements. They might redesign the houses a bit, close up some windows, etc. but I expect they'll keep the overall aesthetic pretty much the same, like they did with the Springwood rework.

    You’re right, but here’s the thing. Springwood houses look very abandoned, and that’s not what I want in Haddon Field. Not to mention that some of the houses and the basement are the exact the same thing.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/879620#Comment_879620

    You’re right, but here’s the thing. Springwood houses look very abandoned, and that’s not what I want in Haddon Field. Not to mention that some of the houses and the basement are the exact the same thing.

    Fair enough. I honestly don't remember whether the Springwood houses were always like that or not, but hopefully they'll keep more of the suburban aesthetic going with Haddonfield. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    The Halloween chapter has always been getting changes. For instance, I think Michael's mechanic suit has been changing colours, both Laurie AND Michael's perks have been getting nerfs and buffs, we finally got amazing cosmetics for Laurie and Michael, and Haddon Field is getting reworked!

    The devs reworking Haddon Field worries me a lot. It's my favorite map, and not for reasons you think. The feeling of an enclosed isolated neighborhood is awesome. Getting close to the police cars and hearing the frantic dispatch with no response can only mean on thing! The parks are amazing, too. Going inside the houses is great as well, I just they were more detailed. Hopefully the rework will make that happen, though.

    I am a survivor main, and I can admit that Balanced Landing on that map is pretty unfun for the killer, but it's NOT impossible to be caught. The map can also screw you over with those OUTRAGEOUSLY LONG hedges and fences!

    Jamie Lee Curtis's Laurie Strode is one of the best final girls. Ever. You CAN'T change my mind. Appearing in 5 out of the 11 Halloween movies and expecting to be in the upcoming Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends, it's a shame she's TECHNICALLY not in Dead by Daylight.

    Since Halloween was the first licensed chapter in Dead by Daylight I don't think they could afford to buy the likeness of 20 year old Jamie Lee Curtis. That's why the Laurie in the game looks a bit... not like Laurie. Sure, the clothes and hair are strikingly similar but the face not.

    With this discussion I'm not saying "Devs, do this!" I'm just saying "Devs, this would be nice, and if you CAN, then. please." Because right now our Laurie reminds of the old looking Sonic design in the movie.

    I thought the reason why they didn't use her face was because Jamie didn't want her face in it? I have been told this before. Has anything change on it? Because if it did then nice, hopfully they do add her face in.

  • The most fun thing is, that you say that it's not impossible to be caught with BL on Haddonfield. Sure, but in the time 3-4 gens are done lol.

    Haddonfield is extremely annoying and even got a long loop without BL. The rework is kinda needed.

  • Laurie has possibly the ugliest alternate outfit on the entire game. Her main outfit is ridiculously noticeable and her prestige doesn't seem to be so much better. Not a fan of her new outfit either....she at least needs one decent darker outfit.

    Surprised they didn't take advantage of easy to make Myers mask cosmetics either. Torn up one....burned one.....

  • They'll rework the map but all the basic tiles and elements will still be there, it's just going to be different pallet spawns and probably 1/10th the amount of windows on each house.

  • Jaws aside, Halloween has always been my favourite horror film.

    I would of loved to see Loomis as a secondary survivor. It would also of been very cool to see the 1978 Ford Wagon (that Myers commandeers at the start of the film) parked on the map. It would of been a nice touch. Other easter eggs could include a discarded Rabbit In Red match packet.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/879620#Comment_879620

    It would be fantastic if a future Laurie cosmetic was grandma Laurie from the current films.

    That would be cool, although I do wonder how the licensing would work.

  • When it was released, haddonfield was very creepy and atmospheric. Now it is like daytime and it has nothing to do with the haddonfield in the movies. And it's not only this map, but most of them are too bright

    If they rework it, they should also make it darker

  • @Elk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108604/i-am-overly-satisfied-with-the-halloween-chapter-but

    I thought the reason why they didn't use her face was because Jamie didn't want her face in it? I have been told this before. Has anything change on it? Because if it did then nice, hopfully they do add her face in.

    There is actually no recorded proof for this claim, but that would make sense. Though, again, maybe the devs couldn’t afford her likeness at the time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/879620#Comment_879620

    It would be fantastic if a future Laurie cosmetic was grandma Laurie from the current films.

    Oh my god, yes!! I love grandma Laurie. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!

  • I'm happy with how she looks, but I do know what you mean. However, I'd like to point out that for most if not all Licenses they've gotten, they can only license the character, not the actor who portrayed them. That's why all of them look similar but not quite like the people in the movies. The title holder keeps the character license and that's what they need first and foremost, especially with iconic clothing and appearances.

    I'm not sure if they can THEN go to the actor/actress and contact them somehow, asking for permission to put them in the game. I'm not sure why anyone who played such roles would wish to turn it down, but I'm sure many of these older actors either don't wish to be bothered or would require hefty fees. Bruce Campbell is a recent addition and got the license directly since it's from his show Ash Vs, not from the old movies owned by the respective studios.

    As far as the great JLC is concerned for the Halloween chapter, I'm not sure if she could give her likeness for any license including the most recent one, unless she was in direct ownership of the content. It would be really neat, though! I just bought her outfit and I love it to pieces. I have come up with several different builds I never would have used when playing with her and I like the different styles it allows me to try (I like to base perk archetypes on the character and their personalities) so it's really cool that she got anything to begin with, considering the license stuff wasn't supposed to have any at all. Also the Pig's outfits are all really great and you can see lots of different styles the developers went with to show them off.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Laurie has possibly the ugliest alternate outfit on the entire game. Her main outfit is ridiculously noticeable and her prestige doesn't seem to be so much better. Not a fan of her new outfit either....she at least needs one decent darker outfit.

    Surprised they didn't take advantage of easy to make Myers mask cosmetics either. Torn up one....burned one.....

    I’m not sure what to tell you. Sorry that you feel this way about Laurie’s new cosmetic. Don’t worry, though. A lot of people don’t like her cosmetic. I’m a huge fan, personally