How is the Switch version?

I own the game on everything but Switch. I’m assuming eventually we’ll have cross progression, and I like the idea of portable DbD. But I am worried about performance. The frame rate is doodoo for most killers on my Scorpio, is it any better on Switch? Mostly I’m worried about matchmaking. Anyone who plays it on Switch, is the matchmaking ok?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I can't tell you anything about the framerate, since I don't actually own the Switch version of the game, but the general consensus seems to be that the matchmaking is pretty awful. I get the impression it's barely even playable depending on your location.

    It does suck, but it's not a consequence of game design so much as low playerbase. In my opinion, the game should never have been released on Switch until cross-play, at least with other consoles, was available, because it simply isn't and probably was never going to be popular enough on that platform to be able to support an independent matchmaking system.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Awful atm.

    Ps4 is the same

  • They need cross platform badly, fairness be damned.

    Just give them the option to toggle it on or off, they will all turn it on so they can at least play.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They need cross platform badly, fairness be damned.

    Just give them the option to toggle it on or off, they will all turn it on so they can at least play.

    I 100% agree.

  • The consoles should all play together, at least.

  • Awful everything, looks terrible. And it isn't a result of the Switchs hardware, just optimization as always...


    Edit: yes the switch is less "capable" but it IS a capable machine, BOTW and other games have shown that.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Awful everything, looks terrible. And it isn't a result of the Switchs hardware, just optimization as always...

    Edit: yes the switch is less "capable" but it IS a capable machine, BOTW and other games have shown that.

    Yea its a shame. I been playing Friday the 13th on it and that looks and runs great!

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Awful everything, looks terrible. And it isn't a result of the Switchs hardware, just optimization as always...

    Edit: yes the switch is less "capable" but it IS a capable machine, BOTW and other games have shown that.

    I mean there really is no proper excuse for DBD not running smooth as butter. Everything in the game is bolted down with the exception of some pretty still particle effects, not to mention that the game is built on the Unreal engine which is already pretty darn good. My best guess is due to their inexperience and their small team back when they first made DBD they took a lot of shortcuts, made a bunch of mistakes, and well


    It's just kind of bloated from there