What do you think are the most Overrated and Underrated perks in the game?
For Survivor, most overrated is Sprint Burst. It's not a bad perk, but it really doesn't help as much as people make it out to be. Anytime someone has it when I'm killer, it really doesn't extend the chase if they simply just ran when I was approaching instead of sitting and waiting for a baited hit.
Most underrated perk for Survivor is Spine Chill. Honestly it's my favorite perk in the game, it completely counters stealth killers like Wraith and Ghostface, and hard counters Prayer Beads. It has saved me way more times then I can count.
For killer overrated is Ruin. It's a great perk if its never found, but it has many problems. It's a hex totem, so a survivor can spawn on it and leave you a 3 perk killer, It's all skill check based, so if you can hit skill checks (or RNG won't give skill checks.) it won't slow down anything. it's also hard countered by Small Game and Detectives Hunch or maps, so it's pretty much a complete gamble on if it lasts the time needed for a good start.
Most underrated for killer is Bloodhound. It was my favorite tracking perk when i was still learning killer, and paired with Sloppy it's an amazing combo that will always tell you where a survivor is. It's a lot more accurate for finding survivors then scratch marks are.
What are your most underrated or overrated perks in dbd?
Comments
I actually like Hawkins as survivor but I main Huntress so I hate it as killer. It seems like people are getting better and better at countering and finding ruin. It has been very inconsistent for me lately.
If you don't find any survivors in that span of time because they hide, you just made the game start 2 minutes later, so you pretty much need Whispers for that not to happen. So they got closer to you, and what ? You can still chase only 1 survivor at a time while the other 3 do gens without any penalty.
I can find hiding survivors in that time span, is there a penalty to ruin when it gets cleansed at the start of the game or within 30 seconds? Pretty much a wasted perk slot.
At least Ruin gives a penalty, unlike Corrupt ...
There's no penalty for when it's broken in 10 seconds because a survivor spawned on it, except the penalty for the killer for loosing the gamble.
That's correct, but I still don't see it worse than Corrupt.
For they are on equal level. If Ruin lasts longer then Corrupt then I find it better, but Corrupt isn't a gamble, it's there and survivors have too deal with it. Essentially Ruin is a gamble, but Corrupt is consistent. It comes down too preference.