Abandon your crutch/meta perks or rebalancing will strike.

Example BBQ and noed are strong killer perks which help average killers give a ton of pressure onto Survivors.

Before you all start saying you don't have a problem with killers using these perks, lots of people do and it ends up being that for every hook you do, you always know where you're next target is or a easy hook at the end of you can catch someone with noed.

What I'm saying is that if these perks had suddenly been removed from everyone's load out THEN the killer kill rate across the board would be lower.

Therefore if the killers are underperforming in terms of struggling to kill 2 Survivors then surely that would mean killer buffs in more pro gameplay ways can be done.

Should we give up our meta perks just so balance can be done better.

If you use adrenaline and it saves your life and you end up escaping while you know you were lucky. Just think, you keep that up then beware of the consequences 😬

Adrenaline survival rate after the final gen is done will become an area of research to determine the survival rate to justify a potential nerf or buff.

In short: If you use the same perks as other people to grind out a close escape or kill THEN data will destroy that perk.

Adrenaline, BBQ,noed these perks to me seem like perks in danger of being nerfed just because of the use, how common they are and the strength itself.

There's likely a few more I've missed but try to mix your builds up to save the perks you want to remain the same.

Comments

  • The meta will exist forever. People wanna win. I'm included.

  • Still complaining about BBQ that has 7 counters already.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    The meta will exist forever. People wanna win. I'm included.

    Until a change to the meta is introduced.

    Every meta perk on both sides is at risk. Some have already been balanced to be less useful but some remain pretty strong.

    Self care, sprint burst, noed were all subject to nerfs in the past because they were too widely used and made kills easier to get or survival rate increase/easier chases.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    Still complaining about BBQ that has 7 counters already.

    I'm not complaining I'm simply stating that if so many killers use BBQ and do well, BBQ will be seen as a perk which needs rebalancing because it must be stronger than it should be in terms of overperforming as killer.

  • @youarewronglol said:

    "don't use it or you can't use it"

    I'm gonna think about that one for a bit

    You can use whatever you like but data can come back and destroy the perks you like if so many people use them to escape death or get easy kills.

  • Just for the record, I'm not saying "nerf these perks" I'm saying that data from the survival/kill rates will destroy these perks with rebalancing and the game will inevitably be less diverse and interesting because any surprises will disappear.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868642#Comment_868642

    I'm not complaining I'm simply stating that if so many killers use BBQ and do well, BBQ will be seen as a perk which needs rebalancing because it must be stronger than it should be in terms of overperforming as killer.

    Cool I guess DS, BT and Adrenaline are on your list too?

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868652#Comment_868652

    Cool I guess DS, BT and Adrenaline are on your list too?

    They don't know how to nerf ds use that at will but borrowed time is definitely one they're gonna do something with at some point. Adrenaline is at risk.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868692#Comment_868692

    They don't know how to nerf ds use that at will but borrowed time is definitely one they're gonna do something with at some point. Adrenaline is at risk.

    Why would they nerf BT: A perk completely reliant on having a teammate to work? Survivors should be able to have a hope of getting away from a camping Killer/a Killer that is close to the hook post unhooking. This perk is a selfless perk and has no direct upside for the user. Why nerf it?

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868703#Comment_868703

    Why would they nerf BT: A perk completely reliant on having a teammate to work? Survivors should be able to have a hope of getting away from a camping Killer/a Killer that is close to the hook post unhooking. This perk is a selfless perk and has no direct upside for the user. Why nerf it?

    Borrowed time is a weird one. I feel like it's possible that they'll make the deep wound effect activate if you were just unhooked an actual base game mechanic. Borrowed time is one of those really good perks which just stops dirty killers from hard camping and everyone just seems to downplay it's use.

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868703#Comment_868703

    Why would they nerf BT: A perk completely reliant on having a teammate to work? Survivors should be able to have a hope of getting away from a camping Killer/a Killer that is close to the hook post unhooking. This perk is a selfless perk and has no direct upside for the user. Why nerf it?

    The problem I have is as a Solo survivor, seeing my teammates use BT what I feel is poorly. They’ll save me right in the killers face, take two hits and go down and I get hit too. So instead of one person on hook, we have one on hook and someone that has to mend. Creates bad habits more often than I see it actually used in EGC vs camping

  • Yes. Stop running your monstrous shrine and hide thy insidious as the nerf hammer is coming, paint a cross on your door to ward I off as he ole English folk say

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    Yes. Stop running your monstrous shrine and hide thy insidious as the nerf hammer is coming, paint a cross on your door to ward I off as he ole English folk say

    I mean if you're the only person running monstrous shrine and you keep getting 3 or 4k every match then you basically just nerfed one of the worst perks in the game yourself.