Content creators editing game files to get an advantage

Some people edit the files to get things like no fog or bigger red stains, the biggest problem comes when a content creator (Youtuber/streamer) does it. Is it a punishable offense? Or is everyone allowed to do it?

20191125_184659.jpg Screenshot_20191125-184131_YouTube.jpg


(tru3s video for comparison).

So, again, is/should this bannable? I'd say yes, and that nothing happens because BHVR can't prove it. But if a big channel does it publicly is different right?

Just to clarify: I am not trying to promote cheating nor hate against X member of the community, Im just using an example to give to you.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Which video is that? I've never heard of anyone doing those things, I know the perk icons are totally fine they said that was ok.

  • I don't know if you can disable fog or make the red stain larger from the config files. I also modified the config files to disable anti aliasing and ambient occlusion because the devs still refuse to give us basic graphics options and changing config files aren't bannable. These are things you can already disable by just using low settings.

  • @HatCreature said:

    Which video is that? I've never heard of anyone doing those things, I know the perk icons are totally fine they said that was ok.

    The video title is in the image, i let it there so people can check it out for themselves.

  • @arslaN said:

    I don't know if you can disable fog or make the red stain larger from the config files. I also modified the config files to disable anti aliasing and ambient occlusion because the devs still refuse to give us basic graphics options and changing config files aren't bannable. These are things you can already disable by just using low settings.

    Well, I won't get into details because I don't want more people doing it, but the evidence is there. You can compare the two images or go to the video itself.

  • Making the scratch marks brighter is something else certain creators do themselves and endorse to their fans.

    I believe it’s by editing the .ini file similar to how they use custom perk icons.

    Also people promote playing on the lowest settings as less clutter and grass etc makes spotting things and tracking way easier.

  • im not sure what im looking at that's cheating

  • Think there are some factors you are not taking into account.

  • Nvidia lets you adjust your monitor, you know...

  • @ScottJund said:

    im not sure what im looking at that's cheating

    Different graphic cards obviously... /s

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867081#Comment_867081

    Well, I won't get into details because I don't want more people doing it, but the evidence is there. You can compare the two images or go to the video itself.

    Are you sure you can't do this by just using low settings? Tru3 seems to be using ultra settings and the other screenshot is low settings.

  • @ScottJund said:

    im not sure what im looking at that's cheating

    The red stain is bigger and clips through most objects, giving the player an unfair advantage specially on mindgame tiles. Its easy to spot if comparing the two images.

    @Mc_Harty said:

    Nvidia lets you adjust your monitor, you know...

    Yes, but there isnt any option that makes the red stain bigger.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867096#Comment_867096

    Are you sure you can't do this by just using low settings? Tru3 seems to be using ultra settings and the other screenshot is low settings.

    I play on low and the stain isn't nearly as big

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867102#Comment_867102

    The red stain is bigger and clips through most objects, giving the player an unfair advantage specially on mindgame tiles. Its easy to spot if comparing the two images.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867105#Comment_867105

    Yes, but there isnt any option that makes the red stain bigger.

    The red stain isn't bigger, it's brighter.

  • Why is your conclusion that they're editing the files? There's no evidence of that, all you know is that the red stains appear bigger in one image and smaller in another. AFAIK this can be altered by the graphics settings.

    But messing with ini files and the like should be a bannable offense. It would be strange if it weren't.

  • Go check the video and see it for yourself, graphic settings has nothing to do with it.

    @yermom said:

    Why is your conclusion that they're editing the files? There's no evidence of that, all you know is that the red stains appear bigger in one image and smaller in another. AFAIK this can be altered by the graphics settings.

    But messing with ini files and the like should be a bannable offense. It would be strange if it weren't.

    Because it was a problem before the Spirit chapter (when it got "fixed") then came back a few patches after that.

    It has the same effect (bigger and brighter red stain that clips through walls)

    EDIT: it can also be edited to erase the fog, but you won't be seeing any streamer using it.

  • @yermom said:

    Why is your conclusion that they're editing the files? There's no evidence of that, all you know is that the red stains appear bigger in one image and smaller in another. AFAIK this can be altered by the graphics settings.

    But messing with ini files and the like should be a bannable offense. It would be strange if it weren't.

    Unless they give us basic graphics options like anti aliasing and vsync in game, they absolutely shouldn't make changing config files bannable. These sorts of things don't really give you any advantages.

  • Hey, so if you see anyone do this you can report them for it to the support https://support.deadbydaylight.com if you have their player account information as it's important for the ACMs to proceed.

    Changing the files to give you any way of advantage is that way is prohibited and will be punished.