Drop-in quick play mode

Sometimes you just want to play. That’s it, just play. Forget lobbies, loadouts, etc. 

That’s why I propose a drop-in game mode. You decide if you want to be a survivor or killer - and that’s it!  

The idea is to give the feel that the game starts “in-progress”. 

  • You load up on a random map as a random character with a random selection of perks/items/add-ons/cosmetics. (None of this is related to what you have available/unlocked in your inventory btw.) 
  • Match-making is across the entire player-base, as in rank is not considered.
  • Some generators already have some progress, and up to 2 may be complete.
  • Some survivors may start off injured.
  • Survivors may start off at various stages of sacrifice (there should be some visual indicator introduced to the icons so all players know.)
  • Set-up killers have several traps/snares/etc already placed around the map. 
  • Some totems may be broken. (There may even be a broken hex for an unlucky killer.) 
  • Perks with stacks may have a few earned already.

You get the idea, it’s as though you take over for a friend who has to rush to the restroom mid-match. 

Because you don’t get to play the entire match, I would suggest a “bloodhunt”-type bonus for anything you are able to earn. Obviously these matches are not necessarily centered around balance/fairness and will tend the be short. This bloodpoint bonus will make it more worth it to invest any time into such a game mode. 

It could also be a good chance for people to test out perks and characters that they don’t own. Like playing a demo!

Now it’s on you. Discuss!

Comments

  • When the game came out, they had a quickplay mode, but nobody used it.

  • @SilentSpectre said:

    When the game came out, they had a quickplay mode, but nobody used it.

    Oh, I was unaware of that as I just joined last year. That said, the player-base has certainly grown since release, so maybe this could work.

    I know I would play it just for reduced lobby times and starting off “in the action” without all the build up to get to that point.

  • This sounds like a bad idea completely, just have gens have some progress each DC that killer still can kick down again