According to BHVR's own stats

  1. Hag is the least popular killer in red ranks despite most tier lists placing her at around B to A tier.
  2. Freddy has the highest kill rate at red ranks, being over 75%. Freddy has an average pickrate too, Being the third most played killer.
  3. The top 5 most popular killers in red rank are Spirit, Billy, Freddy, Huntress, and Ghostface.
  4. The top 5 strongest killers in red ranks are Freddy, Billy, Spirit, Hag, and Pig.
  5. Statistically, the Clown, Demogorgon, and Nurse have the lowest kill rates in red ranks.
  6. Statistically, despite Nurse still being rated as S tier by some people, the Nurse in red ranks has a lower kill rate than Legion, Wraith, Trapper, Pig, Plague, Doctor, Leatherface, and Hag.
  7. The Clown is statistically the weakest killer in the game right now in red ranks. (When all other ranks are taken into consideration, the Nurse is statistically the weakest killer in the game).
  8. While the Spirit had the highest pickrate in the game, her killrate was only in the top 3. She was only the most popular killer, not statistically the strongest.
  9. Statistically the best 3 killers are Spirit, Billy, and Freddy. All of them have strong winrates and pickrates.

According to BHVR's own stats the following statements can be considered true.

  1. If Spirit was "overperforming", then she either barely grazed that bar or Billy and Freddy are coming close to it. (If they aren't already. If one of them is over the line I'd say Freddy is probably what BHVR would consider "overperforming").
  2. Nurse is no longer one of the best killers in the game. Statistically she is one of the weakest right now. She is only statistically stronger than Demogorgon and Clown.
  3. The Clown is statistically the worst killer in the game.
  4. Huntress is a very popular killer despite having a low killrate (if my estimate is correct Huntress is 14th.)
  5. Placing killer viability based on these stats is kinda tricky. But if these stats are true (which there's no reason to assume they aren't, then the following killers would be considered "not viable" at red ranks without a lot of help (Legion, Wraith, Nurse, Demogorgon, Clown, Plague, Doctor, Leatherface). (Hag would have been included due to her low pickrate but her high killrate disqualified her from what I would consider "not viable".)

Also, according to these very same statistics

  1. Hawkins, the Game, and Lery's are statistically the strongest killer maps. All of these maps are small, and Hawkins in particular has a distinct lack of safe loops, making loops winnable for the killer.
  2. Haddonfield is statistically the safest survivor map. This map features a lot of safe window structures and popular spots for the perk "Balanced Landing", allowing the creation of very long chases with minimal effort.

So with this in mind. I have a lot of questions for BHVR based on these stats.

  1. Are Freddy and Hillbilly on your radar for changes? Are they, what you would consider, overperforming?
  2. What exactly caused Spirit to be "overperforming"? Is it her pickrate or the combination of pickrate and killrate?
  3. Are there any plans to address the 3 statistically underperforming killers? And by "any plans" I mean, within the next 2-3 patches and not "they're on our list of things to address".
  4. Nurse was the recipient of a rework that, while on the PTB, received pages and pages of negative feedback from players. That feedback was ignored and the only addons that people considered good on the reworked Nurse were nerfed when she was pushed to the live server. Now that the feedback remains negative and the statistics show she is an incredibly weak killer at red ranks, are there any plans to go back and revisit this rework to try and address why she is so unpopular and weak?
  5. What is the reason behind Hag having an incredibly low pickrate. There are very few metrics that consider Hag to be a weak killer. The only logic behind her low pickrate is that people simply do not enjoy her playstyle for whatever reason. Is there any plan to make Hag a more fun killer to play as without necessarily increasing her strength?

Comments

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872064#Comment_872064

    Way too much meandering to reply to. I'll reply to your last question: yes, I like these changes for the exact reason you said. You said you didn't have to play optimally at rank 1 (I assume?) as nurse and were still able to perform very well consistently. That is something I strongly believe shouldn't be possible.

    The thing that nurse mains seem to gloss over is that literally every killer can win very easily against survivors who aren't the best, whether those killers use addons or not. If I were to play against an average purple survivor rank team I would win every single game with any killer. But, when you start facing the really good survivors, you have to play optimally. They are playing optimally. They are doing those gens as fast as they can. Why should you, as a basekit killer, be able to keep up with players of equal skill to you when you aren't playing optimally? Is that really balance to you?

    I strongly, strongly believe that when you are at the top ranks of any game, you have to play optimally against the other top players. Not needing to do that as nurse was why nurse was so hated by so many people. And that's why so many people are happy with how nurse is now.

    If I was able to perform as well as basekit nurse was able to with my huntress (not using addons) I would be so disappointed with the state of balance. I would welcome a nerf to huntress. I want this game as close to balanced as an asymmetrical game can be (which is why it is frustrating that the obvious biggest issue in the game - the maps - isn't getting as much attention as it should).

    Oh, and please stop putting words I absolutely did not say in my mouth.

    Sorry for a real late answer to this but I guess better late than never.

    Yeah you didn't have to play optimally at any rank and thus give players a fair match while also a thrilling one. Don't get me wrong I do understand that some people would always play optimal no matter what but you know I do not enjoy those games. So deleting that option is frustrating, I have lots of comments about my killerplay and mostly it was from survivors who did enjoy these matches as well and +rep me for being fair and fun. So it wasn't just me having fun in those games.

    Than we go to the survivor side of things, the matches I did enjoy most were against base nurse because nurse did manage to bring something to the table that almost no other killer does actually. Constant mindgaming outside the normal routes and ways. I could argue that it is kinda probably behaviours own fault, killers either do bring something unique to the table or they fall flat to the loop counterplay of course each with some variation but in the end the 115% is all the same to me. I rarely do see nurse at the moment and I do miss those games as to me this setup was about skill and nothing else.

    Why do killers get something new with each dlc, a somewhat little diffrent playstyle while nothing ever changes for survivors? No cds, no micro managing anything nothing just hold goddamn m1 all the ######### time and run your routes. Are they lacking creativity? I dont know why but it seems to me that there needs to be more to survivor than that because i think if you would not be able to end a game in ~5-6min this would lead to healthier gameplay and be more enjoyable for everyone. Killers wouldnt feel as pressured to get to kills and this could solve lots of gameplay issues i guess. Pips do not care how optimal you played in that match.

    I do understand where you are coming from, and I would totally agree with you if this game actually had a decent ranking system. Compare this to most games that are played competitive at a pro level, people ( not via streaming) are actually making their living off of this game with tournament price money and being sponsored to play for team x. How long does it take you to reach rank 1? How long does it take other people to get to rank1? With enough free time at your hands you are able to achieve this in a single day after a reset. In other games this takes weeks, months or even years, playing in red ranks only means that you have a higher chance of meeting good players and not that you are actually playing against the best.

    Sidenote: I don't have to play optimal in my swf right now ( given we do play most of the time that way) and can still do good that should tell you something about balance right now too if i am able to sandbag friends and troll around while not really doing any harm with that. I am frustrated that the devs seem not even to consider this to be a problem in terms of balance cause most just do goof around. This argument is so dumb it is like saying omega/3/4/5 blink nurse was totally fine balance wise as most nurse players just suck.

    I am sorry for putting words in your mouth, i was obviously exaggerating and I do think that you are a smart person so you probably figured that out, i just think that you do not need to say stuff like you speak for x,y,z your own opinion is solid enough to stand on its own arguments without adding questionable weight to it via claims of speaking for others.

  • Please continue to ignore hag! She’s balanced and I love her as she is, plus no one expects her 🙃

1 … 3 4 5 ›