How do you deal with DS?

Not asking for advice myself on how to deal with the perk.

For example do you tunnel the survivor that got hooked before and make them use DS so you don't have to worry about it later/endgame etc.? What is your strategy?

I personally just don't tunnel and only go back to the hook if the survivor got unhooked very fast. And if i happen to tunnel, i will just slug and go for the unhooker. I only got stunned by DS like 2-3 times since the change and usually deserved it except once when i couldn't remember hooking that survivor before and they went into a locker which i saw with BBQ, but even then, i should have just paid attention because they wanted me to see it. Only fix it could need imo is to disable it during the EGC because the killer can't do much especially if the survivor got hooked close to the exit.

When someone cries that DS is too OP and should be nerfed, i just assume that killer is frustrated because they can't tunnel easily but hey, maybe i'm wrong.

Comments

  • I most of time don't tunnel so I don't care rly.

    What can piss me a little bit is when I got DS even when I am not tunneling. Punished for fast chases I quess xD.

  • I eat it, so I don't have to deal with it later.

  • So I’ve actually started playing Killer more recently because a few daily rituals got me to enjoy playing Huntress.

    I went into a game not even expecting DS from a Laurie (big brain moment I know) and I don’t tunnel but the dude got unhooked right in front of me. So I eat a fat DS. But I ended up catching back up to her and downing her anyway.

    I’ve never used DS as surv, but going off of what I see, the Killer usually just catches back up to the DS dude in almost every case.

    So I would say just eat it to get it over with and rehook that guy, because DS is designed in such a way that you’re not supposed to have counter play to it and the survivor is meant to be able to get away (at least momentarily).

  • I'll slug if they get back in my face again. No point in eating a ds when I can put more pressure on the survivor team.