Making Survivors Unique
I was thinking about how survivors can be unique like killers are. One thing that came to mind is their perks and the type of character the survivors are. I saw Claudette and thought why isn't she allowed to heal better than other survivors if she is the medic? For Meg, I thought why isn't she able to recover from exhaustion quicker considering she is a runner? I feel like the devs can make the survivors unique by capitalizing on a survivors perk and making them more towards a certain archetype like Claudette being the healer and Meg being a runner. I'd really like to see something that makes one survivor different from the other.
Comments
They are unique. Some are huge, like Jeff, some are small, like feng. Some are loud like billy, some are silent like Tapp. Some have really dark cosmetics (and even basic outfits) to hide better, like claudette, and some are really bright (nea with colorful hair, etc.)
if you are going to make certain perks better at certain survivors, we will just see the best ones over and over again, like we see with perks (DS, BT, DH almost always in any build).
Yeah.. This discussion goes on since game was released ;x I was really hoping that survivors gonna have something unique about them other then their look...
My ideas were back in the day that one of their perks is unique and only works for them, but I realized that it would not really work
Now.. It's hard to balance the game as it is but having something unique like small boost for healing, a bit better exhaution recovery on meg, or for example +1 minute sabo time on Jake could make a difference for people on who they play.
On the other hand everyone would start playing 1-2 survivors with the best synergy...
Welp.. for now We got cosmetics to make them as unique as We can..
I'd rather keep survivors just as skins. If there we're passive buffs (even minor) it would mean some few select characters would be meta and thus picked more often than not. This would destroy character diversity as some characters who would have basically meaningless buffs would never be played.
Also people have skins for their favorite characters and most players probably only have one character with a lot perks so if characters suddenly got a passive and your specific character that you main didn't have a good passive you'd have to level someone else. Even worse if you had spent money on skins for a character with a bad passive you'd be outta luck.
Agreed. As someone who played a lot of Friday the 13th, this was a major drawback.
I love the fact I can play as whoever I want and my perks/gameplay can be whatever I want with them.
People think they want this until their fave survivor gets the crappiest passive
I was always partial to giving the Survivors unique abilities. Meg moves at 105 movement speed, Dwight has a slight increase in generator repair speed, Laurie struggle bar fills more quickly.
Little things like that. But it won't happen.
I don’t think you can give each survivor a specific buff. I do think though, that instead of a buff they can give a BP bonus for specific actions for each survivor. For example, Claudette doesn’t heal people any faster, but instead gets extra BP for doing it. This would make people by default want to play Claudette a certain way (healer), but without actually effecting the game with additional speed. Ace could get a looting bonus since that totally fits him, Dwight can get a bonus for co-op...stuff like that. The amount of the bonus would just have to be balanced so that the easier action, or one that occurs more frequently, gets less of a bonus than one that’s more difficult.
You guys have great points and ideas. I didn't think of it that way.
While its a cute idea, I would prefer it if survivors remained as they are. We don't want the stale-ass meta becoming even staler due to specific survivors being better at something particular.