Pressure Perk?

Halt

A deep bond with the Entity pressures them, regardless of your presence.

After breaking a Pallet, gain a Token.

Every time Halt gains a Token, Entity Blockers appear on Generators, Exit Gate Switches, Totems & Chests for 1 second / 1.5 seconds / 2 seconds per Token.

When Halt activates, Survivors interacting with these objects are forced to stop until the Entity Blockers wear off.


Numbers can be changed of course, these just seem alright for now.


EDIT: Btw, i'm not sure on "Totems & Chests".

I put that in simply to question the idea of blocking these.

My preference actually is to replace it with "Hex Totems".

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • interesting perk. Seems pretty strong on maps like badham and hawkins where theres tons of pallets but weaker on other maps.

  • Ah, so the effect becomes stronger as more pallets break correct? Would be interesting. Since it would block totems it would presumably also kick survivors off of those totems making it synergize well with Hex perks. Don't know how useful it would really be but I'm intrigued. Maybe more actions could also trigger it but lower the time that the objects are blocked?

    This would also make pallets a resource for killers as you could possibly save pallets for later to block gens at specific times (for example, if you have pgtw and downed a survivor close to a thrown down pallet, you could kick the pallet and block a close to completion gen possibly giving you enough time to hook the survivor and kick the gen).

  • Sounds really good actually, I can already think of alot of synergies

  • Its sounds interesting...

  • Very endgame perk, or a way to stop totem cleansing, might be good on paper, but it's something we should see in-game.

  • @PolarBear said:

    Ah, so the effect becomes stronger as more pallets break correct? Would be interesting. Since it would block totems it would presumably also kick survivors off of those totems making it synergize well with Hex perks. Don't know how useful it would really be but I'm intrigued. Maybe more actions could also trigger it but lower the time that the objects are blocked?

    This would also make pallets a resource for killers as you could possibly save pallets for later to block gens at specific times (for example, if you have pgtw and downed a survivor close to a thrown down pallet, you could kick the pallet and block a close to completion gen possibly giving you enough time to hook the survivor and kick the gen).

    Well i did think of Generators, but they can, in theory, be infinitely kicked, and thus grant infinite Tokens.

    I could cap the Tokens, but that might cause troubles with some Maps in terms of Pallet counts.

    Just not including Generators seems healthier, but i'm open for solutions.


    When i made the idea, i actually didn't even think of the possibility of saving a bunch of Pallets for the end.

    I guess i should note that breaking a Pallet while Entity Blockers are up doesn't add additional time, but rather restarts the timer using the new amount of Tokens.

    Saving up Pallets can still be effective, you'd still block them for a long time since you need to go around to kick them.

    But i just didn't mean for this to have the potential of granting a literal minute of downtime, y'know? ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/863961#Comment_863961

    Well i did think of Generators, but they can, in theory, be infinitely kicked, and thus grant infinite Tokens.

    I could cap the Tokens, but that might cause troubles with some Maps in terms of Pallet counts.

    Just not including Generators seems healthier, but i'm open for solutions.

    When i made the idea, i actually didn't even think of the possibility of saving a bunch of Pallets for the end.

    I guess i should note that breaking a Pallet while Entity Blockers are up doesn't add additional time, but rather restarts the timer using the new amount of Tokens.

    Saving up Pallets can still be effective, you'd still block them for a long time since you need to go around to kick them.

    But i just didn't mean for this to have the potential of granting a literal minute of downtime, y'know? ๐Ÿ˜…

    Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of hitting survivors (due to the differentiating amount of pallets on maps it could still give the perk some use even if you get unlucky with map selection). Different actions could also grant a different amount of tokens.

    I was thinking there'd need to be a cap for tokens (especially if the suggestion from my previous paragraph would be implemented) so it wouldn't become impossible to do generators.

    Yeah I thought that the timer would reset but if you had 10+ tokens it would definitely make a difference.

  • @Boss said:

    Halt

    A deep bond with the Entity pressures them, regardless of your presence.

    After breaking a Pallet, gain a Token.

    Every time Halt gains a Token, Entity Blockers appear on Generators, Exit Gate Switches, Totems & Chests for 0.5 seconds / 0.75 seconds / 1 second per Token.

    When Halt activates, Survivors interacting with these objects are forced to stop until the Entity Blockers wear off.

    Numbers can be changed of course, these just seem alright for now.

    EDIT: Btw, i'm not sure on "Totems & Chests".

    I put that in simply to question the idea of blocking these.

    My preference actually is to replace it with "Hex Totems".

    Survivors interacting with these objects are forced to stop until the Entity Blockers wear off.

    I just though I'd mention this, but this already happens with the EGC.

    Sometimes, when the Exit Gates spawn in LoS to each other, I'll just repair generators to get more points. When the killer closes the hatch, the game automatically forces me off the generator with a cool animation!


    Through, the could add some clarification to the newer players. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106947/pressure-perk

    Survivors interacting with these objects are forced to stop until the Entity Blockers wear off.

    I just though I'd mention this, but this already happens with the EGC.

    Sometimes, when the Exit Gates spawn in LoS to each other, I'll just repair generators to get more points. When the killer closes the hatch, the game automatically forces me off the generator with a cool animation!

    Through, the could add some clarification to the newer players. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    I knew that.

  • Anyways, I like this idea, but do you think the time could be increased to 1/1.5/2 seconds?

    Would that be OP? ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/934454#Comment_934454

    Anyways, I like this idea, but do you think the time could be increased to 1/1.5/2 seconds?

    Would that be OP? ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜

    Hah, i really wouldn't be able to tell you, i'd have to use it in practice to determine that.

    I simply wrote what i thought was best, considering an average of 20 Pallets on a map.

    But i'll bump the numbers up, cause OP stuff gets nerfed before UP stuff gets buffed. ๐Ÿ˜œ