DbD mobile has deaf support. Why not we aswell.

So dbd mobile has deaf support aka a "I dont want to play with sound right now" feature. They show a little heart on the survivors which indicates the TR, I think you all can figure out how this works.

Can we get this aswell please? Not only is this a very nice feature for everyone who just wants to play while talking with room mates (without headphones/sounds) but also you people with ear disabilities can finally enjoy this game much more and aren't left alone.

Ofc, the best way to implement this feature would be toggleable in the settings so everyone can have it on or off as he prefers.

I'm very confused how dbd mobile has this feature so early on while we still don't have it. Is the dbd mobile team not working so close with the pc/console team together?

Comments

  • Id say since everything is becoming cross platform it doesn't matter too much but there should be something to aid the deaf community i agree

  • yes please sometimes I like to play with music in the background to calm the nerves

  • I don't know how I feel about this. Let's be real here. Every survivor would use this whether they are deaf or not as it is a real advantage. Like if a killer is running any terror radius perks like unnerving presence, it is far easier to know when the killer is nearby compared to a killer that doesn't have a terror radius perk.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I don't know how I feel about this. Let's be real here. Every survivor would use this whether they are deaf or not as it is a real advantage. Like if a killer is running any terror radius perks like unnerving presence, it is far easier to know when the killer is nearby compared to a killer that doesn't have a terror radius perk.

    What? I don't get that logic. It would be the same, bit instead via audio it's gonna be visual.

  • ill like to clarify it isnt a “deaf support.” Most mobile games have these types of features where you dont need sound because its also visual cues along with the sound cues.

    They have them because you usually use your phone in noisy places (a bus, train, car, school, etc.) and they try to keep the experience.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I don't know how I feel about this. Let's be real here. Every survivor would use this whether they are deaf or not as it is a real advantage. Like if a killer is running any terror radius perks like unnerving presence, it is far easier to know when the killer is nearby compared to a killer that doesn't have a terror radius perk.

    Unnerving presence and all tr perks have an on screen indicator for the survivors anyway when you're nearby.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/859988#Comment_859988

    Unnerving presence and all tr perks have an on screen indicator for the survivors anyway when you're nearby.

    That is exactly my point. Those perks are essentially what the OP is asking for. For every killer regardless of perks used to have a visual indicator on the survivors screen when they are within the killers terror radius. What I'm saying is that is actually a pretty substantial nerf for killers. If a survivor is working on a generator, those things are noisy.

    They are supposed to be. The closer a survivor is to completing a generator the less likely they are to notice a killer approaching. Having a visual indicator removes that advantage for the killer. Which by the way is a good reason to NOT run terror radius perks. Now if they were to include a scaling factor when working on generators to give less visual warning when a killer is close when a generator is almost done then I'd be on board. But I'm not in favor of a straight up survivor buff.

  • Yes please. Can't argue against any kind of accessibility feature they could add to this game.

    Deaf support, colorblind support...etc. Add em all.