Killers from a Survivor

There are so many threads on here about how one side should conduct themselves when dealing with the other. Most of these have now turned into absolute memes, name-calling, and unhelpful "advice" that almost breeds toxicity. So, to clear up some of the air (hopefully) about what we, as a community (or at least I....) am looking for in a Killer, from the point of a Survivor.

Challenge me, not camp me: So, yes. You've chased me around several loops and started to learn how to cut me off, so I've had to change and adapt, but you ultimately got me. Nice, you've earned a hook for that one. Unfortunately, I actually got good teammates for once, or playing SWF and 2 generators got done. Does this give you permission to camp me? GOD NO! Not every survivor is a runner, so they might be really easy to catch out.

Stalk, not Slug: It's down to the final 2 survivors. You've found the last person, but you don't know where the last is. Use that BBq all survivors think you have! Or better yet, continue hunting me like you hopefully have for the last [game time] minutes. Think of it as a race. If you see me when you get the other person? Sure. Come after me. You caught me out of position after all.

NoED? Above Rank 15? Really? And why on Hillbilly?: NoED is just annoying. Especially on someone like Myers or Hillbilly when you already have enough instant-downs. Killers like Trapper, I can understand to a point, but for so many Killers, it seems like a bad crutch perk.

Tunnelling may as well be camping: You have another fresh survivor that just unhooked me, and you target me. GREEEEEAAAAAAT. No wonder everyone's running D-Strike now. Just go after the unhooker and do us both a favour.

Ebony moris are just not fun: Whelp! I've just been cheated out of 2 thirds of the game. If you actually waited until I'm at my last hook, before brutalising me, then sure. I can at least feel like I accomplished something. If you just kill me after first, then I feel like I've completely wasted my time.

Add-on Combos/Power use that are just boring/no counterplay: Hag using 3 traps next to my hook is basically camping. She'll either teleport back or be able to walk back in time with how slow crouch-walking is. And insta-saw is just dumb. No counterplay at all. Also, trapping the gates during collapse, while effective, is a borderline death sentence that's just infuriating. Tombstone Myers? Ebony Mori with slightly less steps.


Just something to think about. Not saying you have to do this, but maybe just think that the other side does indeed contain actual people trying to have fun.

Comments

  • I hope this is satire. But given how many people believe 'slugging is taking the game hostage!', I can never be sure.

  • I try hard not to tunnel and I never camp. It just feels bad when you follow these rules then get BM'd. I mean if I go out of my way to run around you and go for the unhooker or see you quickly after unhook and turn around and look for someone else. Maybe show some respect back, which a lot do.

  • What I'm looking for in a killer.

    Well, I like the strong silent type. The kind that can really put on the pressure but also be really sweet and can meme with you when you had a bad day. A killer that cares about you and gives you gifts at times, like a hat with a clock so you always know the time. Or a killer that can butt dance with you or do a moonwalk at the exit gate.

    🥰

  • I thought this would be something insightful and something that can reach an understanding from both sides.

    But no.

    This is just a page from the Survivors Rulebook for Killers.

  • Just to assume this is serious.

    I think this is a zero sum game. For example one persons fun (slamming a pallet on a killer's head) is unfun for the other. Escaping - fun for survivor - unfun for killer.

    Think of dbd as a game where you have to extract the fun before your opponent does. Then everything makes perfect sense.

  • You don't need permission to camp or tunnel or whatever.

    I'm playing to win as fast and consistently as possible.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I thought this would be something insightful and something that can reach an understanding from both sides.

    But no.

    This is just a page from the Survivors Rulebook for Killers.

    Read the other one then. Survivors from a Killer.