A Fix For Lame Gen-Tapping

I'm basically done kicking generators. I've watched a ton of streamers, and I've seen Survivors basically blow the Generators a kiss and they stop sparking. It's lame as heck.

So here's a fix:

Generators stop actively regressing if they are being worked on, but RESUME regressing if left alone unless a successful skillcheck is made. A failed skillcheck will NOT stop a generator from resuming regressing if the Survivor stops working on it.

This will stop Survivors from literally running circles around a generator and tapping it in less than a second without losing any chase power. This also takes into acocunt Pop and Overcharge; if the Survivors SUCCEEDS; the gen stops Regressing. If they fail; it keeps regressing.

Comments

  • also didn't think of the people who miss overcharge for tapping

  • @Luckyz said:

    honestly if the game is coming down to you 3 gen patrolling with enough people up to gen tap multiple gens then you kinda lost the game and I think it's fair they can do it lol. When i'm playing as killer and it gets to that point it's just kind of oh well you get as many as you can you shouldn't be given an easier advantage to win cause you messed up your early game set up to have a strong late game. gen tapping is also good for tracking when survivors want to stay in an area and is useful information throughout the game. it also baits some survivors into taking hits all to protect a tap for me to down them right next to the gen and destroy it after they hook.

    gen tapping isn't really an issue. I see how it's frustrating but you can't expect to have the game hold your hand to a 4k every round.

    I'm just talking about the time it takes to gen tap. The 1/60th of a second a Survivor can stop a regression while it takes Killers 2 seconds to kick.

    It's just another badly thought out mechanic that needs tweaking.

1 2 ›