Is there something I'm missing here?
This isn't a witch hunt or anything ( I did report because it ruined the game ), I genuinely have questions. Why would anyone in higher ranks insta dc against a fair playing brown add-on farming build Clown. Is this a meme/ toxic survivor behavior/ or something else that is totally random that goes beyond understanding?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
1) You should remove the image and edit it to block out the names. This image is against forum rules for "naming and shaming" even if you don't intend it.
2) Some players just hate certain killers and DC on sight. I've seen it happen a lot as a Spirit and Freddy. The moment survivors know that's the killer they DC. I have some friends that hate Clown with a passion (they don't DC) so I wouldn't be surprised to see players DC against him too. Plague is another one people auto-DC against, but I think that's mostly because she grosses them out too much.
Depending on how far through the season is, they could have been trying to de-rank. I've had that happen quite a few times to me, since they'll just wait until the cancel timer has passed, then just DC.
Just report anyone who does as manipulating the matchmaking system.
I'll probably just close it out or delete it.
@akbays35
In-general it goes like this.
Some Survivors just don't want anyone to have fun if they not having their type of "fun," while other Survivors just do it to spite the Killer. It could also be because they know they can abuse the system and avoid the situation all together if it isn't beneficial to them.
It's quite a twisted mind-set that some people have... "If I'm not having fun than nobody can" or "You're not allowed to have anymore BPs/Fun, just because I say so."
I don't personally get it either, but it is how it is.
true, this community is more about toxic bullying than fun. Sometimes I find it hilarious though, but it's usually problematic. I find myself being more objectively "toxic" due to the tomes and try to apologize to my teammates for my behavior. I've had to just absolutely slaughter people mercilessly playing killer and have had to just hook farm people for tomes.
Understandable, they are challenges after all and require you to do unorthodox things to complete them.
But I don't think being toxic is the way to go on anything... and you shouldn't fall prey to the toxicity of others, than the cycle continues. Not everyone acts this way either, I've met a lot of nice and level headed people in this community as well.
You just have to find them.