Just a tiny Pig RBT change...
Survivors should only be able to see the auras of Jigsaw boxes when their traps are activated and not before, so they can still get them off before their traps activate but it'll take them longer to hunt for them since they can't see the aura right away.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
There is an add-on that already does this. And it's not even that good, in comparison to what else you can get.
In most games a gen is going to pop before the survivor on hook is rescued, so the benefit is irrelevant.
I completely missed this! Now I know why everybody says rule set no. 2 should be base! xD It's strange that it's a pink add on when it seems like this should be a common add on :thinking:
Honestly I can kind of see why this isn't base. It'd just encourage people to stay on generators until their trap is activated.
People already do this even without Rules Set NO.2, and it often gets them killed because they make poor choices due to their timer running low.
I experienced this as a survivor and I seen survivors as a killer try to search a box in front of me.
Edit: Englih is hrd.
RSN2 base would do more harm than good honestly.
The searching a box in front of you is just a bad case scenario. I've had that happen even without RSN2(in fact I've never even experienced a pig use RSN2) and I try to get a trap off my head regardless. Sometimes you're just screwed. I had one game where a survivor was searching a box while I was nearby, so I left it to find another, that person was being chased by the pig, and the other box I was searching didn't have a key. Needless to say, I died from the trap that game, because the one that had the key was actually the one the pig was chasing that survivor at.
If you didn't do generators, you wouldn't have died to the trap. That's what people don't see: Yeah, survivors will do generators instead of getting their trap off, but at a cost of putting themselves at risk.
One time, the whole survivor team had RBTs on them and they rushed the last generator pretty fast. Typically, I would start checking boxes, but instead, I opened the Exit Gates to put the survivors on a double timer.
I ended up turning a 0K into a 4K because they didn't want to get their RBTs off before completing the generator.
People don't give the pressure a RBT causes enough credit, especially when you're unlucky. π
Except I didn't, someone else did. As I said, I try to get traps off my head asap, well except for getting heals.
I personally, as a Survivor don't care if Rules 2 is base or an add-on as I always make sure my team and myself have a working RBT before we try to get it off. What's the point of having one if you can't enjoy it?
Well, then we can do this to the RBT: Let survivors decide how they want to handle the RBT.
Rules Set NO.2 is base.
While the survivor is trapped, every second a survivor repairs a generator also decreases their RBT timer by a second β up to a maximum of 60 seconds.
Timer is increased to 180 seconds.
Personally I think the Pig is fine, but that wouldn't bother me too much, unless she became way too powerful. Then again usually the generators being repaired are done by teammates while you're on the hook rather than you yourself, so maybe it wouldn't be too strong.
Since you chose not to do generators, you will have 3 minutes to remove the trap.
Yeah. Might not be too bad overall. It would definitely add a sense of playing "the game" or not. That said, people who wouldn't read the patch notes would be unpleasantly surprised by that, lol.
I think they should make something about interaction with boxes . I mean it's a saw , there is barbed wires or some ######### inside those , make it so whenever you complete the search you become mangled/broken for a min .
Not really for the most part survivors don't actually care when reverse bear trap are in play.
He will complete a generator whilst that survivors on the hook, being carried or just searching for their the key.
As an add-on rule set no 2, 90% of the time literally does nothing. Because most of the time the second the survivor has control of their character again their trap is already activated. Keep in mind this is an ultra rare.
I with that I haven't seen survivors 99 or stop themselves from doing gens since the first month of Piggy's release.
Literally the risks that people talk about when it comes to making RSNO2 base are things that happens to pig players frequently regardless of whether they are running the add-on or not
Making ruleset into basekit would literally change nothing about Pig. By the time you get the first trap on survivor, Itβll be already active from the generators.
Yet it becomes overbearing for newer players and almost a guaranteed win with a 4k. You dont seem to understand RSN2 does the exact opposite of what a RBT is supposed to do even if it was useful. Even if people dont care and do the gen regardless. The option is wat helps.
How would it be overbearing for new players literally search for the box and don't do a gen.
If a generator is completed whilst you are on hook literally nothing changes.
One of the main problems I've always had problems with Dead by daylight people tend to treat survivors like they're brain dead goldfish.
If you can't see the boxes go look for them rather than get on a gen.
If you choose to power through with the objectives and work on a Jen you run the risk that the pig might have a build that stole the game so now you have even less time to get the trap off that's your own mistake.
Literally the only thing that this would change about the pig is that it would give her the potential to punish people who actually do gens whilst they have a trap on.
As multiple people have told you currently for pig players traps don't usually work as intended against higher tier players because they just ignore it until it activates.
Hell I know some survivors whose search one or two boxes and if the trap doesn't activate yet they'll go on gens because they'll have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to search two boxes.
Let me give you an example if it becomes part of the base kit I can run tampered timer and jigsaw sketch.
Now if your trap activates while you're on hook or down this means nothing to you because it just works like normal this is already a very good pressure combo
If your trap hasn't activated you have two choices search boxes or do a gen make the trap activate.
If you pick the former it stalls out to generators but you run a very low risk of death.
If you pick the latter you run through the objective quicker however you put yourself at a higher risk of dying to the reverse bear trap.
You literally make your choice depending on your actions survival can be easier or harder you know the entire theme of the saw franchise.
I don't mind that someone works on a gen and activates their Trap because I live for the Trap kills, so I'm all for RSN2 being made base.