Tome challenges ruin the core experience

I've played maybe 6 or so killer games today. At least HALF of them were ruined by players doing tome challenges. They go out of their way to get them to the detriment of the others and no one plays normally anymore. It's the Hallowed Blight all over again, but now a permanent part of the game.

One Bill was lucky I felt nice and let him do 3 gens for that Dark Sense challenge that is literally impossible unless it's farmed.

I really don't understand why a lot of Tome challenges have to force you to play counter-productively. It just ruins the game without adding any value for those of us looking for the normal DBD experience.

Devs please reconsider like 90% of the challenges. You shouldn't have to throw games or farm to finish them.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I just looked over them and thought this immediately, especially the pallet one.People are just going to be slamming all the pallets while being chased to get it as fast as possible.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    I just looked over them and thought this immediately, especially the pallet one.People are just going to be slamming all the pallets while being chased to get it as fast as possible.

    I never wait at pallets... til today!!! Got it first game and luckily didn’t screw my team over badly by using up pallets so quickly

  • I just did the dark sense one legitimately. Just try to be stealthy and bring bond. You just have to be there and repairing once it get finished.

    I did it in one try.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I just did the dark sense one legitimately. Just try to be stealthy and bring bond. You just have to be there and repairing once it get finished.

    I did it in one try.

    Three gens doesn’t seem impossible or even difficult really, it won’t happen for everyone first game but it won’t take too long either unless you’re the kind of player who urban evades all game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833161#Comment_833161

    so you don't have to be there to fix the generator from 0% to 100% you can just join when the generator is at 70% and just complete the challenge right?

    Yep, I got a last second tap on one of the gens XD


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't know about that my teammates now gen rush faster than ever now I don't know why lol

    I had like 2 normal-ish games like this but there were still survivors doing strange things for challenges. One game a Kate was just running around doing chests and ignoring gens. That's bad for the game's health.

    There are also cases of players spitefully screwing others out of challenges. I had someone DC as I carried them to the basement for the Agitation challenge. Luckily I still got it from the other survivors, but this is not at all good for the game.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833127#Comment_833127

    I had like 2 normal-ish games like this but there were still survivors doing strange things for challenges. One game a Kate was just running around doing chests and ignoring gens. That's bad for the game's health.

    There are also cases of players spitefully screwing others out of challenges. I had someone DC as I carried them to the basement for the Agitation challenge. Luckily I still got it from the other survivors, but this is not at all good for the game.

    Players self caring themselves slowly instead of letting you heal them.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833170#Comment_833170

    Players self caring themselves slowly instead of letting you heal them.

    I ran BK with sc for that challenge, made it more efficient.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I just did the dark sense one legitimately. Just try to be stealthy and bring bond. You just have to be there and repairing once it get finished.

    I did it in one try.

    Okay that's good to know at least. The way it's worded it sounds like you have to do 3 FULL gens. This is more reasonable.

    But it's still a bit stupid considering it forces you to use a perk. Challenges that make you play differently than normal shouldn't be a thing, at least not ones where you are forced to use specific perks/characters. Having someone go slightly out of their way to get it is acceptable. Having them completely change their play style is not.