Can you keep/hold Sprint Burst still?
(cross post from the Steam forums)
I thought they fixed that. Being able to hold your exhaustion at 99% in order to use Sprint Burst on demand. But I just got out of a game with someone who just manually used Sprint Burst, twice.
Both times he started running in a full sprint and the moment I got close enough for a lunge he got a sudden boost of speed. 2 times a row the same thing. Im not normally one to call hacks but this is fishy as hell in my opinion.
When I asked in post game about this, someone else said that he said it was lag. Why didn't he tell me himself? It didn't seem like lag either. He ran a little off but it felt more like low rank movement and was nothing like the lag I know of over my 400 hours in DbD since launch. No micro stutters, no jitter in his walking, just him running then getting an instant speed boost timed JUST as I got within lunge range 2 times in a row to avoid getting hit.
If it was a legit Sprint Burst, he would have used it the instant he started running both times, but that's not what happened. I can only explain this 2 ways.
1- He somehow saved Sprint Burst for manual use. Something I thought fixed due to being an exploit.
2- He used a speed hack hidden as Sprint Burst.
Can't think of any other way to explain this. Im sorry if I am wrong, but this just feels like it can't be anything else. Dedicated servers delay in .0X of a second, not 3-5 full seconds after the fact. And Survivor perks aren't even effected by dedicated server delays either if I recall right. Sprint Burst triggering should be client side.
Comments
That's not a exploit lol it's the same as leaving the gates at 99%
vaulting at 99% removes exhaustion and you don't use it if you continue running after the fast vault
The Exploit was that you can Sprint without using Sprint Burst, even when not exhausted. This was fixed.
That you keep your Recovery from Exhaustion at 99% is normal and can be used, you just need to run to keep it there and stop for a brief moment ot get rid of the Exhaustion. This is not an exploit at all.
It takes some doing, but I can finagle it to come back during a chase. Cools down while a gen, maybe 10 seconds to go when you get in a chase again, drop a pallet and start walking, repeat a time or two, and bam, Sprint Burst is back. Not an exploit at all. Just managing the exhaustion cooldown.
But that isn't want happened.
Both times I found him working a gen and/or healing and both times he started running then got Sprint Burst several seconds later when I got close enough to attack. He didn't slow down, didn't change animation, he simply kept running and got a speed boost out of nowhere. Survivor animations and momentum should have shown something, anything.
The odds of that happening once is understandable. I could have just found him at the right moment and he made good with it even without showing a slowdown nor animation change. To have that happen twice. The odds say not likely and smells very wrong. It feels even worse when Im told through someone else that he blamed it on lag. He didn't claim to 99% anything or said that he played well, he just had someone else say it was lag.
He was no where near a vault point. Open ground simply running in a straight line for 3-5 seconds then got a Sprint Burst as I got close.
Im trying to talk myself out of believing the guy was hacking/exploiting/cheating. But nothing I can think of nor any opinions here or on the Steam forums has explained it to be anything else but a manual use of Sprint Burst. Something that shouldn't be possible.
Holding at 99% is intended because exhaustion doesn't recover while running. What you may be referring to was the bug where sprint burst not activating if you were crouching before sprinting.
Going by the the rest of your post, it couldn't be lag because the server is what feeds you the survivor's position. Pauses in their connection to the server would translate to them standing still or running in place to you.
If they SB multiple times in one chase I would call suspect.
I never chased him that long to see if it would have triggered more than once in a chase. The first time it happened I downed him as he stood at a pallet. This was legit lag or a bug, he ran up to the pallet and just stood there as if unable to interact with it. He finally dropped it as I landed the 2nd hit.
That pallet felt like a real bug but his movement didn't look out of the normal. No hitches, no jitters, no running into walls. Lag would have been seen by him showing all of those. I thought it odd but moved on.
The 2nd time he got a mid chase Sprint Burst I simply walked off. Again his movement looked normal. But as he made it to another loop after getting a 2nd very late Sprint Burst I was highly suspect and just didn't want to bother running that loop with him when there was other people to chase right there.
Didn't see him again after that so I couldn't test further. I just kinda buggered off wondering about the map waiting for them all to walk out a gate. Didn't feel like playing that round anymore after seeing something the felt so fishy.