Polls are important for Devs to notice specific sided feelings about DBD, give them some love
Ok, before something changed in the forums I used to post polls here in General Discussions in order for them to get votes, damn, sometimes they got above a 1000 letting others know specific sided points of view about things in the game.
Now polls cannot be posted in general discussions, so... The highest seen post in the 1st page of "Polls" has only around 180 views (not votes), I mean, there's an old one about the spirit with more than 600, but that's exactly a proof of what I'm talking about. I believe Devs can really get some cool and more objective views of what we want so... What do you guys think?
Should they promote us going to "polls" section in some way or should they be added to general discussions again? I mean, or just leave them as they are...
Comments
Polls should be in "General Discussion" imo.
EDIT: Take some love devs, you're confused,but you got the spirit guys!!! <3
Polls should be I agree to be honest.
Polls would be a lot more effective if they weren't limited to their own subforum. I don't know any forum that does this actually. It makes no sense because then less people vote in the polls since majority of people stick to general discussion.
Same for feedback sub forum. I'm always seeing mods move stuff there and all that does is kill the discussion because no one goes to that forum. I can understand why they might want that, but it's not practical at the end of the day. Just makes more work for the mods and kills any discussion about suggested changes and whatnot.
Plus there are THREE feedback subforums. Yea one is forum feedback, which is fine, but the other two are redundant.
I'm sorry, I did not understand that comment
... You mean there are people that actually look in the different categories instead of just looking at all the recent discussions?
I agree with you :>
EXACTLY! LMAO!
Oh! Ok!
yep I was shocked when I found out as well :/
Polls are great and all, but they're not exactly used for balance. There's just a feature added for fun so you can see what other people think.
The idea behind the Polls subforum is to give you a place to make a poll without getting in the way of the actual purpose of the forums- to discuss things. When you answer a poll, you get a message on your post saying what you picked and you're locked in. You can't change your mind if someone convinces you later on. This is why they're separate. We still want people to talk about stuff, not just pick their side and stick to it.
If one day the polls aren't as popular as they are now, we can always allow them back into General. For now, though, they're still getting quite a few votes.
Right now I honestly don't know if the Devs really care about our opinions. So polls might be pointless anyway. I've been playing this game for two years. A lot has changed in those two years. Predominantly positive changes. I can admit that here. Then there are things where you don't know if they're serious. Recently: The nurse changes. Since the announcement of the rework almost everyone agreed that the base kit nurse is fine. Just take away her multiple blinks and her range addons. It is simple as that actually. If people have problems breaking LoS just make the fatigue a little longer. I'm pretty sure that literally nobody would have complained about the changes this way. I don't want to talk about her addons...
They said they didn't make the Fatigue longer due to some people getting nauseous from the camera moving. IMO, if you get nauseous playing Nurse, just don't play Nurse, and trash her dailies.