The solution to hex totems that literally everyone wants!

The solution to the hex totem situation has been said time and time again, its a great solution but i wanna know why exactly its not being done. Make every totem only active once the effect is triggered. So Ruin wont activate til a cursed skillcheck comes up, devour hope won't activate til 2 tokens are achieved, third seal wont activate til someones hit etc etc. Literally everyone wants this and it would make totems being 2nd objective a very active thing so it would also help with Gen times. I just wanna know how come this idea hasn't been implemented yet despite everyone requesting it? (EDIT: I've seen like 20 threads with this suggested with almost no negative feedback which is why I said it was so widely requested stop taking what I said literally yall- also this problem isn't only about totems its also a slight fix to gen times)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830723#Comment_830723

    Lol, I’m far from being a survivor main. I only play survivor sporadically. I’m just able to have an unbiased, objective view on issues like this from both a killer perspective and survivor perspective.

    You know its funny every salty X main says that.

    You're not fooling anybody, the only people co signing you are other salty survivor mains so.....what's the point? I realize i won't get an answer but i always ask myself that question when i see people like you lol

  • I guess I’m the only one who agrees with this

    (survivor main, by the way)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831111#Comment_831111

    You’re quite ignorant aren’t you, and clearly haven’t been on these forums for very long if you’ve never come across any of my posts or comments before.

    You’re welcome to peruse my YT to see all of my many uploads as Freddy, Plague, or Clown.

    Oh, I didn't realize we were in the presence of nobility. Excuse me, sir. I'll learn to hold my peasant tongue in the future.


    For real though you aren't the sole arbiter of what should and should not be changed. As it is now, hex perks as a mechanic is something the community is dissatisfied with and would like to be improved. Neither survivors or killers think the mechanic works as well as it could.

  • I personally love this idea. Just saying.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831111#Comment_831111

    You’re quite ignorant aren’t you, and clearly haven’t been on these forums for very long if you’ve never come across any of my posts or comments before.

    You’re welcome to peruse my YT to see all of my many uploads as Freddy, Plague, or Clown.

    Great comeback, give a goofy opinion about how you "need a plan B if ruin goes down" get called out for it, and then instead of explaining why that wasn't just gibberish and making me look silly you go directly to "IM A GOD ON HERE EVERYBODY KNOWS ME, LOOK AT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL I HAVE CLOWN GAMEPLAY!!!" which i mean, you got me. Can't argue against that

    Btw i don't need to go to YouTube to see you playing a clown

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830627#Comment_830627

    Lol, yes correct.

    I guess what i’m getting at is many killers lose their Ruin at the beginning of the match then figuratively throw their hands in the air going “now what am I meant to do?!?!”

    Oh create your own objectives to get people off gens and buy time. Hooks, Slugging, Hitting people are good combinations.

  • @Star99er said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828257#Comment_828257

    Seems like the majority do though and most hex perks could use these changes, as Hex Third Seal and Lullaby aren’t really worth running.

    I'm not saying some hex perks couldn't use a rework (although personally I believe the majority of them are fine). I was simply pointing out the flaw in OP's assumption that there is no reason not to implement a change that "literally everyone" wants.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828863#Comment_828863

    Not really. Survivors don't need to rely on perks to win. Killers do for the most part. Every perk choice impacts how they play, and being down just one perk (could even be lost within the first 30 seconds of the game) is such a detriment to them. Killers are on the clock, not survivors.

    It's a risk reward for survivors. Survivors would be sacrificing one perk slot because they want to remove one perk slot of the killer's. As of right now, there is only one perk killers can consistently deny, and that is Dead Hard. But that's only if they have an exposed perk. They can't even remove a survivor perk from the match. however, there are multiple killer perks which survivors can remove... as well as pressure them with rushing the objective.

    Survivor is infinitely easier than killer, and giving this effect to totems would close the gap a little bit. Sure, survivor got plenty of nerfs, but they're all well deserved when you look at what DBD used to look like.

    I literally just played a match in purple ranks as a lvl 2 Myers with one perk, but I still managed to sacrifice everyone with 2 gens still left.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/831168#Comment_831168

    My last comment was directed purely at SaintDenisSlasher in regards to his insistence that I’m a survivor main, which they are dead wrong about.

    I’m not directing it at anyone else, or trying to turn it into a peen measuring contest.

    I really don’t want to turn this into a fight.

    Look, if yourself and many others are adamant that this change is necessary, fine, I have to respect that. I personally don’t feel like the change is warranted though.

    But until such change does happen, and it may very well never happen, it can only help rather than hinder a killer using Hexes to learn ways to be adaptable if a hex gets destroyed within 30 seconds, because that’s the the current state of the game we’re all playing.

    Well then I respect that. Thank you for being fair to both sides on that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Stop asking for the risk to be mitigated for some of the most powerful killer perks in the game.

    If killers go into a match without a Plan B in case a hex is cleansed within 30 seconds, that’s on them. Too bad.

    Oh you must be one of those survivors who don’t want anything close to “good” for killers. Understandable, your experience may not be going well lately so you must be one of those “nerf every killer who is viable” type of person.

    well it’s surely perfectly acceptable to lose a perk in 10 seconds right? You said that it’s “powerful” but what about adrenaline...borrowed time...self care...sprint burst, balanced landing...and Dead hard. Most importantly SWF, the most powerful of em all. 16 perks competing with 4. Those perks I mentioned keep you alive longer no? Ruin keeps the game extended by “X” amount of time no? It’s sad a killer has to use a perk to extend game time to even have a chance of buying 30 seconds extra.

    Yea, I really can’t take your comment seriously. I remember the devs wanted to do the whole idea of “fools greed” where whom ever takes out the totum loses a perk of their own. But never went with it due to potential backlash.

    food for thought yea?

  • @Skywclu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828893#Comment_828893

    I literally just played a match in purple ranks as a lvl 2 Myers with one perk, but I still managed to sacrifice everyone with 2 gens still left.

    That's a testament to your skill more than what you're given.

  • Devour hope not activating til 2 tokens has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Stop asking for the risk to be mitigated for some of the most powerful killer perks in the game.

    If killers go into a match without a Plan B in case a hex is cleansed within 30 seconds, that’s on them. Too bad.

    i don’t know anyone whoever goes into a killer match with a “plan” unless it’s for a challenge. If someone’s totem gets broken in 30 seconds that’s not on them. It’s also not on them cause they don’t have a “plan B” after their perk is literally cleansed before they see anyone.

  • To bring up a solution there must be a problem. To me hex perks are not a problem.. killers, by choosing an Hex perk, sacrifice a perk slot for another perk they can lose any time.

    It's hard to destroy if you're against a good killer, but it's hard to defend as well.

  • I believe a better solution is to have the totems or totem spawn near the killer all the time

  • @Diet_Boi said:

    I believe a better solution is to have the totems or totem spawn near the killer all the time

    That makes it easier for the survivors to find actually.

  • Horrible idea. Let the killer get two stacks of Devour so he's only one stack away from us all being an insta down by the time the totem activates. I feel like if this were implemented, people would go totem hunting at the beginning of the game instead of doing gens anyways. High risk, high reward. If you don't want to bring other perks to back yourself up when your hex gets broken, that's on you.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828250#Comment_828250

    Have to disagree, the issue isn't that there is a risk to the perk but that the RNG factor is so polarizing. There are games where the totem spawns on the other side of the map and you cannot physically get TO the totem before it is broken because sometimes (more often than not it feels) survivors spawn ON the totem. That isn't risk its poor design.

    Agreed. That needs to be fixed, not how hex totems are spawned

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Stop asking for the risk to be mitigated for some of the most powerful killer perks in the game.

    If killers go into a match without a Plan B in case a hex is cleansed within 30 seconds, that’s on them. Too bad.

    Bad perk design isn't "too bad".

    RNG is never really good in balance design. I've recommended this before: Let us activate a Hex Perk at will on a Dull Totem, which becomes "Active" after we select it. Before that, no curses are active.

    Gives Survivors the benefit of forcing the Killer to set up any Hex Perks (and may make it easier to deduce where it is based on early game movement) and gives the Killer the benefit of choosing where his Totem can be placed without relying on bad RNG mechanics and allows for strategy and map consideration to be used.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    The solution to the hex totem situation has been said time and time again, its a great solution but i wanna know why exactly its not being done. Make every totem only active once the effect is triggered. So Ruin wont activate til a cursed skillcheck comes up, devour hope won't activate til 2 tokens are achieved, third seal wont activate til someones hit etc etc. Literally everyone wants this and it would make totems being 2nd objective a very active thing so it would also help with Gen times. I just wanna know how come this idea hasn't been implemented yet despite everyone requesting it? (EDIT: I've seen like 20 threads with this suggested with almost no negative feedback which is why I said it was so widely requested stop taking what I said literally yall- also this problem isn't only about totems its also a slight fix to gen times)

    the most takes about totem is Ruin and al this will do is prevent it from lighting up for the 5 seconds.

    Also for killers like Hag, Freddy and trapper some players use where there totem is to set up traps if a Hag didn’t know where her DH was until halfway through the game that may mean she didn’t set up a web around it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833156#Comment_833156

    I’m still not convinced that’s a good idea either. It’s imperative to try and find the first survivor ASAP.

    Is it really a good idea to spend that time looking for the perfect totem?

    And if a killer does do the sensible thing by not ignoring the first opportunity to jump into a chase, what if the killer finds themselves quickly presented with another chase opportunity? (Such as an unsafe save)

    This idea could mean there is the very real possibility a killer is still going through important parts of the match Hex-less, even worse if the plan was to use HL or DH and hooks are being made that’s won’t count towards those perks.

    Additionally if survivors now how this mechanic works, you’re bound to have 1 person in a SWF start the match by immediately finding and follow the killer to watch which totem gets activated (similar to the problem Trapper can face)

    That'd be up to the killer how to spend their time. If they really want ruin in a good, defendable spot, then they'll look for a good spot. If not, they just plop it down at the first totem they spot.

    If they want to save a hex perk for late game, they can do that. Placing Ruin when four gens are left would be particularly dirty but it gives you that insurance and the ability to choose your totem.

    I don't see how this is any better than crossing your fingers and hoping Ruin isn't found within 10 seconds of a match starting, which happens pretty frequently; a lot of Hex perks don't go far past early game unless you get lucky; luck shouldn't be a factor.

    Or better yet, just let the killer see highlights of the totems and he can select one to curse. Just like Freddy. We know that capability is possible.

    Either way, the choice of holding onto a park and not placing it right away is up to the killer. Its not a point against the idea; if they killer doesn't want to spend his match looking for that perfect spot for a totem, just place it and start searching, or place it as you're searching.

1 2 ›