compromise for both sides
I've been seeing a lot of post lately about nerfing keys. and everytime people start to argue in the comments about how keys are fine and moris are not and vise versa . we as a community need to acknowledge that both of these items severely cut the objective in half.( I'm sure someone is going to argue that a 4 man getting hatch means they did there job but usually its not all 4 that get it , it's more like 2 or 1 )(and ebony moris just require one hook). instead of arguing about what needs nerfed and what doesnt why don't we look at the situation from the other sides view ?
Comments
I try to, but sometimes personal biases get in the way just a little too much.
That and you have the problem of Killers Only vs. Survivors Only with those of us who play both genuinely pick the side that we feel is right.
Ebony Mori? I feel like I've been cheated out of the game. Make it after I'm unhooked in Struggle then it seems a bit more ok.
Keys? Don't use them or verse them to know. Can't say. Same with insta-heals.
One thing that I also hate on these forums is the amount of people who just go and complain about something before they know how to properly play around it or use it. This happens every time a new killer comes out or is reworked. It just seems like at the moment, in red ranks DS and Keys are the meta, same with Killers having BBq, Ruin and moris. Survivors have learnt how to deal with killer powers and perks for the most part, and now I believe that it's killers who have to adapt this time around.
And that is not an invitation to camp or tunnel, before anyone gets the bright idea to as a "legitimate tactic". It's not fun for anyone.
I’m honestly fine with both.
What @GrootDude said.
They are just part of the game. I like mori animations and it keeps the game interesting when you suddenly see a teammate gone. Ups the challenge factor!
Sure key escapes are annoying when I play killer but they really aren't that common to be a bother. If 4 people get out by hatch then that just means I did a horrible job as killer lol. I have only had that happen 2-3 times since I started playing.
And you are right, the source of most the complaints and arguments are from people who only play one side and don't look at the big picture/ their opponents point of view.
Ultimately, the game is suppose to be a power struggle... its an asymmetrical game. Mori and keys are items that can really turn the tide in match. Instead of a gg and moving on some people feel cheated since 'you stole my win with a cheap op item', though we all know it isn't always that simple.
I wish more people played both sides... I think it would make a nicer DBD community :)
The problem with saying "sometimes it's just two or one who get out with a key" means that the killer still WON in that scenario. The key didn't help survivors win, it just helped one or two survivors get out. This is why I don't understand the hate on keys. I've had 3 people escape with a key before and it didn't bother me too much. It felt a little bad but on the other hand killers have moris which all but guarantee a 3k if you're good enough, and give you a big edge in a 4k, especially if you're weak enough to carry a mori, you're likely also weak enough to slug for the 4k.
People complain about keys SOOO much, but the chances of having 3 survivors escape is so rare. It doesn't happen near as much as a mori does. That said, I wouldn't mind keys getting some sort of nerf, but only if moris were nerfed as well to require a second hook. That way at least it'd be pretty much the same playing field as with keys. Either that, or moris get to stay as they are and keys need to be buffed to where the hatch spawns after 2 gens are completed to level the playing field.
it didnt help them win? isnt the main objective of the survivors to escape?
Escaping with very few points because the killer completely destroyed your team isn't winning in my eyes. Also the game is balanced around 2 escape 2 die. If 2 died, and 2 got out with a key, then it's supposedly a "balanced" game. That means it didn't help the survivors win vs the killer. If 1 got out with a key, then the killer still won. Both items seem to be in favor of the killer winning the match or at the very least a "draw" with a few exceptions.
That's my problem with key complaints. The killer still wins in all but one scenario which is the rarest possible scenario(survivors did four gens, one person died), well, two if you count all gens being completed and everyone getting out via hatch, but they could have just opened the doors at that point so there was no need for the key in the first place.
I don't use either of them, so get rid of both.
I know that both are bad but very fun.
I try to make them fair by only using a Mori from Devour Hope or if I find a Key in a chest randomly. Of course there is really no way to make a fair Key play unless you're the last Survivor and the Hatch is shut but that may not happen so you might as well use it.