I’ve been testing this theory since ranks reset and...

HUGE DISCLAIMER: I think camping and tunneling are fine.



I have found that people tend to tunnel/camp more often if someone dcs early on, I’m wondering, why?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I would think the opposite is true...

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    I would think the opposite is true...

    So would I, I find it quite weird.

  • they do?

    well, tbf the team needs to get 5 gens done with 2 survivors while they camp, so its basically free kills.

    though they are still gonna depip with camping - especially since one of em quit.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    they do?

    well, tbf the team needs to get 5 gens done with 2 survivors while they camp, so its basically free kills.

    though they are still gonna depip with camping - especially since one of em quit.

    Yeah, which is why I find it odd.

  • It's suppose its more guaranteed to work as there are less in the match to punish it.

    Camping one it's only two gens done instead of three with the other two less than half way through then take another off a gen and it's practically game over if they hook or slug the next.

    Tunnelling well some might just want the game over quickly or again like I said above they know the gens won't get done.

  • @GrootDude said:

    HUGE DISCLAIMER: I think camping and tunneling are fine.

    I have found that people tend to tunnel/camp more often if someone dcs early on, I’m wondering, why?

    Heh, that sucks. When someone disconnects on me -- and especially if multiple survivors disconnect -- I tend to take it way easier on people, and usually either farm and/or let them escape.

    P.S. Groot lmao git gud ez noob babykiller /s

  • (Well no wonders spirit has soo many kills...)

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102663/i-ve-been-testing-this-theory-since-ranks-reset-and

    Heh, that sucks. When someone disconnects on me -- and especially if multiple survivors disconnect -- I tend to take it way easier on people, and usually either farm and/or let them escape.

    P.S. Groot lmao git gud ez noob babykiller /s

    :O

  • Maybe because there are less survivors in the game, so they know that it is pointless to get too far away from the hook. I had a game where 2 people dc'd early. After that, there were only us 2 survivors left, so I think he knew that we'd have to go for the save and he didn't stray too far from the hook. He did some proxy camping.

  • Sooner I get into the next match the better. I think that goes the same for other survivors. I'd rather not waste my time and theirs doing farming unless there was a very good reason to. Especially with how many people dc these days.