should a white ward protect your item even if the killer has Franklin's?
I was playing a game and was running a skeleton key , I threw on a white ward to keep it but the killer put on Franklin's. am I just supposed to die with it in my hands??
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Yep just die with it in your hands. If they have Franklin's make them pull you out of lockers. Not like survivor items and addons honestly matter.
Short answer: no
Long answer: It only protects what you are holding upon death.
Yes because a perk should not trump an offering. White Ward should also prevent you from dropping the item, either willingly or unwillingly.
White Ward protects items that you have in your hand as you die - which means it's great for plundering etc, as I often bring in a white ward without bringing in an item so I can plunder some extra loot.
The whole point of Franklins was that it works against items, and that's why there's a high risk high reward for bringing in some items such as keys etc - because there's always a chance that the killer will bring in Franklins if they see many items in the lobby.
It makes sense that White Wards only protects the item that is in the hand when the character dies - otherwise it would be incredibly easy to abuse the offering and fetch in items to duplicate these between players, which is not the intended feature of the offering.
No, but I do have a question about White Wards:
If I burn one, go into a trial without an item, plunnder a really good medkit or key or something and then die... will I keep the item?
No. The answer to your question is no, because this is way outside of the scope that White Ward is designed to cover.
Yes @ahandfulofrain - that's what I normally do.
Really? Hell yuh boys.