How do you have fun against sweaty SWF survivor groups?
Alright, I've got around 800 hours in this game and manage to hit red ranks in killer after rank resets when I get the chance to play the game. I try to play both sides equally but recently I've started playing killer more often and the difference between swf survivors and solo survivors is crazy.
For solo survivor games, I can hook everyone twice before killing them off with time to spare on the gens but when it comes to SWF I have to sweat to even get a bunch of hooks in a row before getting genrushed to oblivion. The organisation of SWFs is something that cannot be matched by solo survivor groups and I'm having trouble having fun against SWF's because of the sweat.
Firstly, am I even good enough with 800 hours to deal with optimal SWF teams at red ranks? Because often I feel like I do not deserve to be in the red ranks and I just accept defeat against these SWF teams. Do people in my situation have the same issues?
Secondly, how do you guys have fun against such optimal teams where 1-2 survivors run you around in good loops and the others just gen rush you? Do you just accept defeat?
Just looking for opinions, I feel pretty downed especially today since most of my games have been against sweaty SWF groups and I've had 4-5 entity displeaseds in a row.
Thanks for reading and your comments :)
Comments
My advice is stay in low green and a but into yellow, but be chill against the survivors
play some matches with other 3 friends you'll see the real feeling, but not random premades, I mean real friends.
Run forever Freddy due to borrowed time and to the slow the game down just a lil bit.
I usually just chill, accept my probable defeat and the fun just comes from playing the game. I understand where you're coming from but I'm one of those masochistic freaks who play add-on-less Legion in red ranks so I don't really care about the result of the matches and just play for fun.
There is no "having fun" against SWF. You're most likely going to lose, so you just have to take as many of them as you can with you.
I play solo all the time, but last night someone invited me to play with them and asked me to use comms. I usually don't use comms because it breaks the immersion and makes the game a lot easier for me; you know, the gen at X spot is about to pop, I'm working on a gen near the killer shack, I'm going for the unhook, killer is with me, killer is heading your way, totem is inside killer shack, pass next to this locker to head on the killer, etc.
I agreed to use comms only because we had a rank 20 who has just started playing the game and I thought it would be a good idea to use comms to even the odds because we were going against purple and red ranks.
All the free information you can get playing swf with comms is a bit too much to say the least. I don't think it's fair and balanced at all. I wish I had all that free information as a killer without having to sacrifice perk slots.
The only killers that managed to kill us all were a red ranks Nurse and a red rank Spirit. The nurse pretty much kicked our asses, but we almost escaped from the Spirit.
Yeah. But in my experience, what is a meta perk other than someone showing people a devastating way to use it? Like, all it takes is a streamer to use a perk with a killer well and tell people its awesome and just like that, its a meta perk. Don’t get too wrapped up in that.
As to saying someone is bad if they depip as survivor, thats not realistic. All it takes is losing a chase even after looping for 3-5 minutes, getting hooked and the other 3 people let you die on first hook. Or you start the game, some one gets chased and 2-3 minutes into the game you get a gen done and that person disconnect on first down. Then another person disconnects right after. You get in a chase, even 6000 points pf boldness and 1 gen is still a depip. But maybe its different on pc. I play on ps4.
but yeah, kling. Playing multiple killers is nice. Helps you form a lot of strategies in a general sense of playing killer.
If you get looped around for a gen or more, you probably should make it a habit to break from chase and patrol gens tougher. The gen jockeys are what's carrying the progression and if their gone then the rest of them will just fall in place.
You can hope for them ######### up, hope for them meming or just get few chases and kill maybe one of them and if you are using rather weak killer, get ready for some ass whooping.
You can use all of the tech imaginable but survivors always had the counter against everything killer can do and it's up to them to use it properly.