Challenge: "Kill" All Survivors

Just wanted to share this in case anyone is stressing about it - I completed the "Kill All Survivors Once By Any Means Necessary" master challenge by just hooking 3 survivors and gatekeeping the last survivor until EGC ran out. I was under the impression I'd need an ebony mori or a pretty focused loadout to make this happen. No mori or Devour Hope or anything extra needed. I've even seen some folks get it when half the survivors DC and they still kill/hook the other half.

I'm not sure if this is just a convergence of different glitches, but from what I've seen and experienced myself, don't worry - it's not a big sweat to do.

Good luck out there, kids.

Comments

  • A DC counts as a kill, but not as a sacrifice, when we get the challenge to "sacrifice all players in the basement in a single game" that's when we're gonna have trouble because of the DCers...

  • @Carlosylu said:

    A DC counts as a kill, but not as a sacrifice, when we get the challenge to "sacrifice all players in the basement in a single game" that's when we're gonna have trouble because of the DCers...

    Ohhhhhhh yeah. Now that, that right there is definitely something worth stressing over when the time comes

  • @leatheRaith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102555/challenge-kill-all-survivors

    Lol me too I actually took 2 hours of my time to kill people with moris then I realized at the end . You just hook em ........

    this game dude....

    I just had the challenge selected and was doing a Leatherface daily, not even thinking about the challenge (other than trying to calculate which killer had how many ebonys in the bank and who I was, y'know, DECENT with, etc), when in post game I got the completion notification.

    "Huh. Well I'll be."

  • By Any Means Necessary

    by any means in this context is refering to any way of killing the survivor. Mori, sacrifice, bleedout, EGC, or any other way you can think of. As long as none escape.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    A DC counts as a kill, but not as a sacrifice, when we get the challenge to "sacrifice all players in the basement in a single game" that's when we're gonna have trouble because of the DCers...

    Funny enough when I was playing as Clown of all killers with no Ruin, add-ons, or NOED someone DCed on me. Thank goodness it happened right after I hooked him so it still counted as a sacrifice.

  • @leatheRaith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102555/challenge-kill-all-survivors

    Lol me too I actually took 2 hours of my time to kill people with moris then I realized at the end . You just hook em ........

    this game dude....

    To be fair, the challenge does say "by any means." It would say something along the lines of "by your hand" if it was only for moris. I'm not sure how it can be any clearer, although if you have suggestions, we could definitely consider wording it differently in the future.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820252#Comment_820252

    To be fair, the challenge does say "by any means." It would say something along the lines of "by your hand" if it was only for moris. I'm not sure how it can be any clearer, although if you have suggestions, we could definitely consider wording it differently in the future.

    It does say kill by any means, yes. Tbf, quite often kill and the way the verb is used frequently in this game equates to Mori, Rancor, Devour Hope or some such that allows the killer to, you know - kill, as opposed to sacrifice. I'm not the only person who read that and thought along the lines of "it's Mori time."

    I think the only suggestion I could offerto make it clearer would be to phrase it as "sacrifice or kill by any means". Might be redundant in context, sure - but it ain't exactly like you're striving for a Stoker Award with your writing anyways.

  • @OldManGloom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820454#Comment_820454

    It does say kill by any means, yes. Tbf, quite often kill and the way the verb is used frequently in this game equates to Mori, Rancor, Devour Hope or some such that allows the killer to, you know - kill, as opposed to sacrifice. I'm not the only person who read that and thought along the lines of "it's Mori time."

    I think the only suggestion I could offerto make it clearer would be to phrase it as "sacrifice or kill by any means". Might be redundant in context, sure - but it ain't exactly like you're striving for a Stoker Award with your writing anyways.

    The wording used is consistent.

    Mori's, Rancor ect all say that they kill. But so do reverse bear traps.

    Mori's, Rancor, DH, Tombstone ect all count towards Mori challenges, while hook sacrafices, bleedouts, RBT's, EGC sacrafices and DCs do not. Such challanges are worded as "by your own hand" and count things that put you into the mori animation.

    This says by any means necessary instead, so everything I listed would work instead of just 4 of them.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820252#Comment_820252

    To be fair, the challenge does say "by any means." It would say something along the lines of "by your hand" if it was only for moris. I'm not sure how it can be any clearer, although if you have suggestions, we could definitely consider wording it differently in the future.

    I believe that's something worth looking into, because most people have to go to the forums,discord, or maybe a streamer. I think how the game explains various objects,powers, scenarios, and objectives is not noob friendly.

  • @EJmurdermain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820454#Comment_820454

    I believe that's something worth looking into, because most people have to go to the forums,discord, or maybe a streamer. I think how the game explains various objects,powers, scenarios, and objectives is not noob friendly.

    I thought of a suggestion, maybe add more to the Tutorial modes for surviving and killing to avoid confusion.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/820252#Comment_820252

    To be fair, the challenge does say "by any means." It would say something along the lines of "by your hand" if it was only for moris. I'm not sure how it can be any clearer, although if you have suggestions, we could definitely consider wording it differently in the future.

    It could be way clearer.

    "By any means" and "by your hand" are DBD-specific bits of very insistent terminology. I'm willing to bet money that there are tons of perfectly average, long-term players who don't even notice or connect the "by your hand" nomenclature to "any non-sacrifice." You guys are wrapped up in your own insistent language, which is what happens when seemingly no one is holding the wheel when it comes to UX.

  • The phrasing is fine, but I still took it as bring your best killer and an grind for an Ebony Mori because you're a survive main and you're only attempting this once. o:-)

    Dreading pretty much all of the fourth time tiers requirements O_o