Teachable perks
While it wouldn't make any sense to change it now I think it would have added a better dynamic if you couldn't max out teachable perks except for on the survivor that they belong too. It makes more sense that the survivors would be "masters" of their own perks and they could only teach each other up to the second rank of their perks. Survivors right now basically just serve as skins considering you unlock any perk and level it up. I think it would add a much better dynamic to which survivor you main instead of just picking one cause you think they look cool or their clothes are darker.
Sorry if this has been discussed before
Comments
same would need to be applied to killers and that would really suck...
It’s actually a pretty cool idea. Imagine having to be a David main for Dead Hard 3 though? Ewww
That's a poor idea, good on paper, wouldn't be good in game, you'll basically just murder any build just like that, maybe a slight passive to different survivors, Claudette has 2% faster healing per natural perk or 1% gen repair per natural perk or Dwight (0% if they have none of there's) that's 3% gen speed Dwight can get but some perks will outclass that extra gen speed, but to compensate, survivor die hards need to lay off the killers a bit on nerf cries for everything, or give killers a passive based on how they play to their perks, Myers evil build is 0.5% quicker per natural perk, not too much, but enough to make the difference when trying to outdo a max gen efficient Dwight cause he definitely will have 1% minimum (prove thyself will defo be on for him) some will share same passives, but different perks, that would work, if all done right, be better than the murder of builds that's for sure
Yea like I said it wouldn't really make sense to change it now but I still feel it would have definitely spiced up the survivor side if there was a benefit/disadvantage for playing/not playing you personal perks. Killers have different powers that force you to change your play style from killer to killer helping to keep things interesting but survs dont matter it's the same game whoever you pick once you grind long enough. Dont get me wrong I still enjoy playing survivor.
This would be terrible. While some Perks would be okish when they are not Tier 3, others are required on Tier 3. E.g. you want to play DS, you want to have the 60 second-Version for max Protection. You HAVE to play Laurie. You want Iron Will? You HAVE to play Jake, because Iron will not on Level 3 is not worth it at all.
Meanwhile you can get away with Adrenaline on 2, since the Exhaustion does not matter that much.
And there are probably tons of Niche-Perks which will be affected even more. I mean, lets imagine you paid a lot of money on this game to get all the Skins for one Character and then you cannot play this character anymore, because one of the Perks you are using is not effective at all (e.g. Iron Will). Not really cool.
I understand that the survivors differ in that ace is much more quiet then jeff and all the other little examples, claudettes better for hiding in bushes then say a neon fitted nea the list goes on but hardly enough to cause you to change your play style or even really think twice about who you choose. By much better dynamic I mean a lot more thought process would have to go into who you choose to main and how you build that character. It wouldn't have to neccesarily be that you can only rank 2 a perk but I think some benefit should be added for playing personal perk it makes more sense.
Footnote- like I said I dont believe it would make since to implement this change now but for the sake of arguement/ conversation let's say I do
Or maybe create a 4th tier available only to the characters that provide the teachable perks?
Exactly you want dead hard and DS then you have to decide which one is more important same with killers you want ruin and bbq well which one do you want more you could still play all perks on each player just not maxed out
Tbh before i bought the game i was under the impression thats how it worked. While im fine ether way my only problem would be that you would only see like 5 survivors for most o your matches.
You guys think "I only see Lauries in high ranks, its so boring!" would be a valid complaint on forums?
That’s why a 4th tier would be better. Everything stays as it currently is for all other characters. But if you want that extra little boost in Self Care speed, for example, then you’ll run with Claudette.