The Archives: Feedback
Prologue
Hello, I have been playing the Archives for about 2 days and I already grinded Tomb I as of Nov 4. Therefore, I wanna share my feedback to the developers on making the Archives more enjoyable for all players alike.
Suggestions
Making Daily Rituals grant 3 Rift Fragments can help average players make progress if they fall behind a few hours. For competitive players, it gives something to do while they wait for the next Tomb to unlock.
The amount of XP you need for a Rift Fragment seems very oppressive, so reducing the amount of XP required to 500 XP per Rift Fragment can help reduce the grind and can save time for average players. You could add a daily limit to how much Rift Fragments you can earn by XP as long as you don't wipe any progress players make!
What do I mean by "don't wipe any progress players make"?
Say, for example, the daily limit on how many Rift Fragments can be earned by XP is 10 and player A has obtained 6 Rift Fragments by XP. When everything resets, instead of saying the player can earn 10 Rift Fragments, the game will take what Rift Fragments the player didn't get in the previous day and add that to the daily Rift Fragment limit. Therefore, since the player couldn't get 4 Rift Fragments the previous day, they can now get 14 Rift Fragments this day.
Epilogue
Overall, the Archives is perfect for the most part, and I couldn't ask for a better update (aside from FPS issues). Thank you for putting a lot of effort into the Archives and showing your player base the love they deserve! ๐ค๐
Hopefully, my feedback will be worth some value to you!
Comments
I like your idea of dailies giving 3 rift fragments a lot. This would also help out during the wait for the next tome level.
I like the idea of lowering the XP required for each Rift Fragment.
I like the idea of Daily Rituals rewarding a few Rift Fragments.
I don't like the idea of capping Rift progression. I say this as someone who has to do extra grind to complete the Rift, because I will not be able to play the game during the Rift's final three weeks when it closes. In order to complete the Rift, I have to do it before Tome level 4 releases. Any cap on Rift progression would certainly prevent me from doing that. I can't be the only person who travels for the holidays, either.
Putting an arbitrary cap on progress would feel even more oppressive than the current system does. I already dislike that each Tome level is released at least two weeks apart; I've been very bored since completing the challenges. One week apart would've been fine.
I would love dailies giving fragments! Makes the grind feel a lot faster after completing the tome. Although I don't agree with a cap. It would just feel more oppressive and I would feel bummed out knowing all my games won't earn anything for my Rift.
i think 2 is enough 3 is too many because solving quests gives you 3 or 5 so..
I like the Archive as it is. No changes needed for me.
Personally i love both ideas of getting fragments from dailies and getting a fragment from 500 exp. However, i don't like that there is a cap on how many you can earn.
i think the easy fix would be just to have dailies give 1-2 rift fragments. The exp required would be absolutely fine for the casual player then. I also don't like how long the archive challenges are taking to release as i finished the 1st tier in around 5 hours game time. One thing i would want changed about challenges is less hook save challenges, and maybe more challenges requiring perk use. I don't enjoy being farmed from a hook with borrowed time and chased down, and i'm sure others don't like it either.
done & done @NMCKE