Why aren't people using offerings?

every game there's only 1-2 people using offerings, it's literally extra bloodpoints! especially now when the event is active right now

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • (a) People don't care as much about bloodpoints as they do about free cool skins, so enthusiasm is naturally lower than in previous events

    (b) Many people's excitement for the event has waned in the week that it was delayed

    (c) No one is in the mood for Halloween-themed things anymore now that it's November

    (d) People care more about the bloodhunt than the event, and would therefore rather use their offering slots on BPS or gateaux than petals because they're more lucrative

    Due to a combination of the above factors, my guess would be that most people just can't be bothered to grind for or use the event offerings. It's a bit sad, but it is what it is.

  • I find a lot of killers DC-ing right after the game begins or a few minutes into realizing they're losing, which usually wastes the offering you just burned. So I'm sure that has something to do with it.

  • I think many people are pumping blood points into characters they are not actually playing at the moment.

    I only have the offerings on 2 of my killers and putting all my bp into survivors. If I play survivor I am playing the offerings but I am usually the only one. When everyone does use them, the bp gains are decent.

  • @HarryToeknuckles said:

    I find a lot of killers DC-ing right after the game begins or a few minutes into realizing they're losing, which usually wastes the offering you just burned. So I'm sure that has something to do with it.

    Must be bad luck on your part, I have yet to see any survivors OR Killers DC yet and I have played quite a few matches.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/804349#Comment_804349

    Must be bad luck on your part, I have yet to see any survivors OR Killers DC yet and I have played quite a few matches.

    It's almost every other match, but I'm playing on PS4.

  • Well if the didn't nerf the amount of bloodpoints you get from the event gens it might be worth... 3k a gen and only starting with one... the bbq event was 4500 a gen and started with 2.. you get more points running cakes and streamers.

  • Because they are useless. There is no serum, so no point on having more hooks. Also compared to last year blood points boost, is pretty disappointing.

  • Why would they?

    The event gen and hook are pointless to the event.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    It's actually 6k every time you do one cause of double BP. Then if you are running BBQ / WGLF it's actually 9k.

    9k for a hook or gen is pretty good.....

    The offerings are always just 3k they aren't affected by dbp.

    In response to the OP they aren't really worth going out of your way to get over other BP offerings and using offering to help with challenges gains more bloodpoints overall most of the time.

    The reason so many were used in the past was each one was a way to get 4.5k bloodpoints but also to help get the event skins.

    The skins are not event ones this time imo as they are tied to the the rift for 70 day the duration of it. They are rift skins.

    The event is a few pumpkins on gens and hooks with mediocre BP gains. They could have just had a dbp week instead.

  • The consoles are a whole different game. I don't think PC people realize that.

  • @HarryToeknuckles said:

    I find a lot of killers DC-ing right after the game begins or a few minutes into realizing they're losing, which usually wastes the offering you just burned. So I'm sure that has something to do with it.

    @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/804349#Comment_804349

    Must be bad luck on your part, I have yet to see any survivors OR Killers DC yet and I have played quite a few matches.

    I've had Survivors DC every match. At least 1.

    I played as Myers (no meme built. Just normal Myers)

    Freddy (no chains)

    Plague

    Trapper

    Ghostface


    And at least 1 Survivor each match as just bailed.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    It's actually 6k every time you do one cause of double BP. Then if you are running BBQ / WGLF it's actually 9k.

    9k for a hook or gen is pretty good.....

    Wglf isn't even working correctly right now.

  • I'm also on PS4.

    I cannot say your experience hasn't been horrible I just have gotten really great people on both sides during my matches.

  • I'm putting bps in survivors that i want to get perks for so they have most of the offerings. But i try to put on streamers or cakes or something to make up for it.