Poll for Survivor Mains to address the Myers panic

If you've visited the General Discussions page, you may notice that people are FLIPPING OUT over Myers tier 1 being detectable by Spine Chill. Some are even going so far as to say Spine Chill is now a meta survivor perk. I'm curious. . . what is your view of the perk? Please feel free to elaborate on why you do or don't run it.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I prefer to run spine chill in all of my builds, but i wouldn't say it's meta.

  • I rarely run it. I prefer different types of perks like Inner Strength. :/

  • I myself will add this perk to a build on occasion but every time I do I end up feeling like I don't use it effectively. Half the time I end up forgetting to keep an eye on it.

  • None of these. I never run it but I think it's a good perk

  • Spine Chill is only good for one thing, being paired with Resilience for super vaults.

  • @Luigifan64 said:

    Spine Chill is only good for one thing, being paired with Resilience for super vaults.

    Resilience makes you vault faster?!?!? I never knew that!

  • You clearly don't know how meta works. Since looping is the meta, chase-time increasing perks are meta. If stealth was meta (or at least Wraith or Myers were meta), then Spine Chill would be meta (along with Iron Will, Calm Spirit and so on).

  • @YaiPa said:

    You clearly don't know how meta works. Since looping is the meta, chase-time increasing perks are meta. If stealth was meta (or at least Wraith or Myers were meta), then Spine Chill would be meta (along with Iron Will, Calm Spirit and so on).

    I get how meta works. I find the claims that this perk is now meta to be quite dubious. That's why I'm conducting a poll and collecting data! πŸ“ŠπŸ“ˆπŸ“‰

  • @Keelah said:

    None of these. I never run it but I think it's a good perk

    Fair enough. I was just being cheeky with my choices. Most of the reactions to the change have been SOOOOO extreme I figured I'd make my options that way too. Lol

  • None of the above


    I run this perk every game but it isn’t meta.

    @YaiPa said:

    You clearly don't know how meta works. Since looping is the meta, chase-time increasing perks are meta. If stealth was meta (or at least Wraith or Myers were meta), then Spine Chill would be meta (along with Iron Will, Calm Spirit and so on).

    I am not a stealth player but I still use spine chill.

  • I run it maybe a fifth of the time, because I rotate out my 4th slot. It's not meta, it's just one of many isolated counters in the game.

  • I mean, yeah, now with dedicated servers hit registration works pretty #########. I used dead hard before, but now its barely possible to dodge hits with it. So, from time to time I try alternatives for exhaustion slot in my build. Spine Chill is one of them.

  • they need to chill, Myers doesn't need special treatment.

  • I can't live without it.

  • It's not meta, imo. However, i always run it. In every game i have played so far since the update. There have been no Myers and anyone one using Spine Chill. It is a great perk. Stealth if you want but i don't play stealthy, especially with the clothes i wear.

  • This perk was already good before this. It's a small buff, not a game changer. Besides, most of your time spent stalking will be in T2 anyway, unless you're running a Scratched Mirror.

  • Whilst I don't think the perk is "garbage" I'd never waste a perk slot for it because I don't find it that useful and it does what my eyes can do instead basically. It's very rare I see it used in red ranked games.

  • Spine Chill has always been one of the strongest perks in the game, it just fell out of the spotlight with the introduction of even more broken stuff like D.Strike, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, ect.

  • not a survivor main, but i like switching up my builds, so chances are at some point it will be equipped.

  • I miss the "This perk is not meta, but i run it all the time" option.