These polls get more than enough votes so far, so i'll be keeping it up, though i won't spam these of course, don't wanna overwhelm y'all with polls. 😜
It's so bad, never works against me. Only time i can justify using Overcharge over other perks that are actually good is when playing Impossible skill checks Doctor.
Overcharge... is weak. Useless in high ranks, and only has one time use.
I'd have it apply Overcharge for the next 5/7/10% of generator regression. Any skillchecks within that period will be tremendously difficult. I think that would help give it a boost in higher ranks, and still make it strong in low ranks.
Alternatively, it can grant tremendously difficult skillchecks until one is missed, then the effect is terminated, rather than one skillcheck that goes away whether you hit it or not.
I don't think perks like that should only be useful in low ranks.
in low ranks, this perk single handedly defends all your generators, however in high ranks this perk is basically useless.
i dont think we can just buff it to make it viable in high ranks, as low ranks would greatly suffer from this, however adding a secondary effect doesnt really seem to fit the perk itself...
honestly, i dont know how we could properly change the perk to be both effective in high ranks and not break low ranks...
You could just run surveillance and have an extra perk slot for pretty much the same effect. This perk really only works on impossible skill check builds. I only liked it on pre-rework Freddy.
I think the main problem is that once you know Overcharge is in play, you pretty much know you’re going to get a skillcheck upon touching a regressing gen. Really isn’t that hard to hit unless Unnerving is also in play... though why run two, possibly three if you count distressing too, sure, infinite uses, though Ruin and Pop are always going to be better options. They slow gens far better than overcharge does and they don’t require other perks to be useful.
Not really useful unless you're playing Impossible Skillchecks Doctor. Generally, there are a lot of better options for stall perks. Having to kick the gens over and over costs you a lot of time over the course of the game.
It's really easy to land the skillcheck, and the fact you can land it after tapping the gen and on the run it's a bit ridiculous. If anything it should work like normal skillchecks, so if you leave the gen before landing it it is considered failed and explodes.
It's just ok. It works better with some Killers, like the Doctor, and can be great combined with some other perks.
Demolishing at low ranks.
Decent at medium ranks
Weak at high ranks
I only use it with the Doctor, Trapper, and with a particular build I have with Clown, which tends to have good results. Other than that, if I have to pick a perk to slow down the gens, I'll just go for Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, or both.
With all that being said, I don't usually reach high ranks with Killer before a rank reset, so Overcharge is useful to me as of now. But only with a bunch of Killers.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Quite useful for slowing down the game slightly. A tad bit ineffective against high ranks, but it's still good.
Wouldn't say it's pretty bad or way too weak but it needs small buffs.
It's so bad, never works against me. Only time i can justify using Overcharge over other perks that are actually good is when playing Impossible skill checks Doctor.
Eh, it regresses the generator once then stops it's effect and can be cancelled by skill. I'd rather use perks like Thantaphobia and Dying Light.
Overcharge + Surveillance = EZ gen control
weak at very high tier play, or for me who is stuck between purple and green ranks who can always hit great skill checks (on xbox)
It does what it says and does it pretty good.
Overcharge... is weak. Useless in high ranks, and only has one time use.
I'd have it apply Overcharge for the next 5/7/10% of generator regression. Any skillchecks within that period will be tremendously difficult. I think that would help give it a boost in higher ranks, and still make it strong in low ranks.
Alternatively, it can grant tremendously difficult skillchecks until one is missed, then the effect is terminated, rather than one skillcheck that goes away whether you hit it or not.
I don't think perks like that should only be useful in low ranks.
If you're up against survivors levels 1-8, it's pretty useless.
It's not garbage but it's also not op.
On low ranks it is decent, but on high ranks its almost useless. Overcharge definitly need some rework.
it really depends which rank you are in tbh.
in low ranks, this perk single handedly defends all your generators, however in high ranks this perk is basically useless.
i dont think we can just buff it to make it viable in high ranks, as low ranks would greatly suffer from this, however adding a secondary effect doesnt really seem to fit the perk itself...
honestly, i dont know how we could properly change the perk to be both effective in high ranks and not break low ranks...
Pure garbage perk that only affects new/terrible players.
There is no reason to ever run it except to get the Adept Doctor achievement.
You could just run surveillance and have an extra perk slot for pretty much the same effect. This perk really only works on impossible skill check builds. I only liked it on pre-rework Freddy.
Underwhelming. If it had synergy with more perks, like Surge, it'd be more powerful.
Garbage
I think the main problem is that once you know Overcharge is in play, you pretty much know you’re going to get a skillcheck upon touching a regressing gen. Really isn’t that hard to hit unless Unnerving is also in play... though why run two, possibly three if you count distressing too, sure, infinite uses, though Ruin and Pop are always going to be better options. They slow gens far better than overcharge does and they don’t require other perks to be useful.
Not really useful unless you're playing Impossible Skillchecks Doctor. Generally, there are a lot of better options for stall perks. Having to kick the gens over and over costs you a lot of time over the course of the game.
It's really easy to land the skillcheck, and the fact you can land it after tapping the gen and on the run it's a bit ridiculous. If anything it should work like normal skillchecks, so if you leave the gen before landing it it is considered failed and explodes.
Useless in high ranks where Ruin perfect skill checks are a thing amongst survivors.
It's just ok. It works better with some Killers, like the Doctor, and can be great combined with some other perks.
I only use it with the Doctor, Trapper, and with a particular build I have with Clown, which tends to have good results. Other than that, if I have to pick a perk to slow down the gens, I'll just go for Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, or both.
With all that being said, I don't usually reach high ranks with Killer before a rank reset, so Overcharge is useful to me as of now. But only with a bunch of Killers.
Just quite weak.
It needs to have synergy with other perks like Surge.
The skill check also needs to be harder or maybe make it go backwards.