Rank System Is Broken, But What If.....
I have been playing this game for 5 months and have logged over 600 hours....that says a lot about whether I love the game or not, don't you think?
Rank is the biggest thorn in my butt, and I bet it is for everyone. In fact, after watching many streamers play this game, I would bet EVERY single player as been upset at rank at some point or another.
I know this isn't the easiest thing to solve, but I had a "aha moment" that I would like to share.
After the last patch we are now allowed to see the rank of the team you will play against in the lobby before the game. I quickly figured out, as much of you have, that playing with white and yellow rank players will get you killed.
I look at a level 13-20 player that has a character at level 50, and prestige 3, and I know I am leaving! Why? I know some of you will say, "hey dude, maybe he hasn't played in a while and rank reset has knocked him back". I say BS....no one has a level 50 character at prestige 3 and hasn't played in a couple of rank resets.
I know why those players are great players playing outside their rank, and it is because of the DC penalty. Intentional de-ranking.
The way I figured this out is one morning, after 5 straight DCs, I realized I was playing with the white and yellow rank players. This was easy because I was screen capturing my pre game and post game.
Once I started refusing all lobbies with yellow and white ranks, the DC issue almost disappeared completely. There was still one or two odd DCs , but for the most part, the people playing green, purple and red, value their achievement and play to the last moment of struggle on their last hook.
Solution: Find another penalty for DC. As a person with enough children for a baseball team, I have learned that rewarding good behavior is far more effective than punishment, so how about giving a bonus to anyone who finishes the game, to make people want to stay in no matter what happens?
I would love to hear your suggestions for a reward that isn't OP but would discourage people from game hopping until they feel they are in a situation they can do great in.
My thoughts:
1- all people who finish the trial are rewarded 2 auric cells.
2- all people who finish the trial are rewarded a single dice roll to see if you can have your item back.
3- to anyone who leaves positive player comments after a trial, 10k extra blood points
Comments